Preemies
Options

New Here

Hi there. A few of the ladies on the multiples board suggested I pop over here.  My boy/girl twins were born 12 days ago at 26w4d and of course have been in the NICU since. I had preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.

Amazingly, they are doing incredible.  They are off ventilators, CPAP and only on a high flow nasal cannula.  They even had their IVs removed yesterday and are on only breast milk at this point. Both did have PDAs, but they were treated by restricting fluids a bit and they have since closed.

Our little girl is 2 oz from her birth weight and little boy is 1 oz from his, so they should get there by their 2 week birthday.

I look forward to learning about this journey from all of you!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: New Here

• Options
    Wow, that's very impressive that they're doing so well! Welcome and congrats!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    Wow! It sounds like they are doing so well! Congrats on your babies!
    TTC since 10/1/10 BFP 1/14/11 MC @ 6w 3d 1/17/11 2 Rounds Clomid 50mg + ovidrel trigger=BFN SA=Normal HSG= tubes clear July 2012 gonal-f and +ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFN August 2012 gonal-f + ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFP!! Beta 8/24 12dpo 166!! Beta#2 8/28 16dpo 942!!! EDD 5/4/13 9/10-First US-TWINS!! 2 beautiful little HB's, 1/3/13 said good-bye to our little boy. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    Congratulations on the birth of your babies!  My little girl was born at 26w2d.  I'm sure you know that you have a long journey ahead of you, but it is so great to hear that they're both doing so well!  Welcome! This board is full of great
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Options
    Welcome! Glad your babies are doing so well! My daughter was born at 26w3d due to IC.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    Welcome! Awesome that your little ones are doing so great. Hope you have a nice short NICU stay.
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!!!!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    ashk7ashk7 member
    Welcome and congrats! The NICU journey can be a crazy one and this board is so supportive!!! There are some things only other NICU mommy's can get! Hope your twins continue to thrive, they are off to a great start!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome! Your babies are doing incredibly well! I hope they continue this trend and get stronger every day.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Welcome to the board!  So happy to hear your little fighters are doing so well!
  • Options

Welcome! It does sound like your LOs are doing incredibly well -- yours were off of CPAP faster than my girls -- who arrived 3 weeks after yours! Our NICU wouldn't really entertain movement to the high flow cannula until they hit 1500g.

Here's to

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your twins and welcome, although I'm sorry you have to be here. I hope that you are recovering too. I also had severe preeclampsia and HELLP. Dd was born at 27 weeks and is now 9 months. Lots of good thoughts for all of you.
  • Options
    Congrats on your babies! It sounds like they are doing great.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Welcome and Congratulations on the birth of your little ones. Praying they have an uneventful NICU stay.

• Options

Welcome to the board - and I am SO glad to hear that your two LOs are doing well.  What amazing babies! 

After spending time on the incredibly supportive MoM board, and then finding some amazingly supportive and wise preemie moms her

• Options
    Welcome! I have twins too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congrats!  T&P for you all!

My son was born at 26w2d 4 years ago and is doing well now :) It sounds like your kiddos are rocking it! 

• Options
    What's up, gault? Fancy meeting you here :)

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"