August 2013 Moms

Gerber vs. Carter onesies

This is one of those times I wish mobile Bumping would have let me "Watch a thread". Awhile back there was a thread on "the best onesies". Carters vs. Gerbers vs. their target brand lines. Yes, I've searched back but cant seem to find it right now. I'll keep looking... and will link if I find it but in the meantime...

What's your favorite brand and why?  

Re: Gerber vs. Carter onesies

• I don't know the thread but Carter's clothing is by far my favorite. Gerber runs really small.

• imagesilvercamaro77:
    I don't know the thread but Carter's clothing is by far my favorite. Gerber runs really small.
    </BLOCKQUO
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Also agree.  Carters just seemed to fit my daughter perfectly.  I love their onesies and pajamas.  I also love Circo clothing from Target, and Gap/ON.  Gap/ON run bigger than Carters.  Gerber runs so small.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• imagesweetie41305:

imagesilve

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I prefer the Carter's brand. Gerber was way too skinny!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Gerber stuff runs REALLY small. So as long as you realize that and buy appropriately, they are ok.  Personally I love Carters and Circo. Circo in particular is a nice thick material and really soft.  I found Gerber to be pretty thin.  
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Gerber runs small
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I love that the Circo sleepers have zippers, and they are good quality for being so cheap!
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Carters runs true to size and is good quality.

Gerber tends to run smaller and thinner.

Target brand (Circo) is pretty true to size, but is not as thick as Carters onesies.

• Agree with all the above. Same holds true with pjs and clothing as well. Also to throw in any Walmart stuff just don't. Hated them all.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Nezi again
  • Carter's... they are much softer and higher quality. I prefer Children's Place for pajamas.
  • imageScarletOflaherty:
    I love that the Circo sleepers have zippers, and they are good quality for being so cheap!
    <br
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• I really like the gerber organics.

the Carter's sizes always ran big for us.

old navy and gerber ran small and gap was true to size. 

• MrsIMrsI member
    imageBlueJewelM:
    imageScarletOflaher
  • I registered for gerber first time around and regretted it. It was cheap quality and they shrunk like crazy. I get all Carter's onesies now.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesweetie41305:
    imagesilvercamaro
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Carter's is the best and they have a carter's line at target and walmart that is a little cheaper than at the Carter's store. The clothes fit perfectly and are great quality. Most of DD baby clothes look brand new after being worn for months.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agrree with everyone about Gerber running small, even their sheets and swaddle blankets. Stick with Carter onesies.
  • Thank you thank you! I actually went back through ALL the old threads yesterday/last night while watching movies (yes, it was a snow day and I'm on reduced activity due to cerclage) but I still couldnt find that thread. This was exactly the info I was loo

• I prefer Carters.  Gerber and Circo always seemed to run small.  Carters just held up better IMO.

Edit: Didn't read all the responses before I posted, so the Gerber running small comment is a bit redundant! 

• I actually preferred Gerber but Carters worked well, too.  My son was 7lb 7oz and long/skinny when he was born.   The Circo ones were too wide and short for him.  For the first few months he was only in the Gerber ones.

This i

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesilvercamaro77:
    I don't know the thread but Carter's clothing is by far my favorite. Gerber runs really small.
    </BLOCKQUO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"