Detroit Babies
Options

Eastside Gynecology or St. John's Ob/Gyn Associates? Looking for New Doctor...

I am about 5 weeks along and want to look for a new Ob/Gyn in the St. Clair Shores area.  I haven't been entirely happy with my current doctor in dealing with diagnosing some possible issues and he isn't affiliated with the hospital I am hoping to deliver out of.  I think I am either going to go with St. John's Ob/Gyn Associates (Dr. Hartzell or Dr. Chari-Hedni) or Eastside Ob/Gyn (Dr. Chen or Dr. Blunden).  Do any of you have experiences with the doctors from either of these places?  Please share!

TIA!! Smile

Re: Eastside Gynecology or St. John's Ob/Gyn Associates? Looking for New Doctor...

• Options
    I use Eastside and love them. It is a rotating practice, so you see all of the Doctors at some point. Dr. Chen is great and Dr. Bloundin is absolutely hilarious. His efficiency and humor really made those later, more uncomfortable visits actually pretty enjoyable. If that is possible.

I delivered two girls through the practice. The last one had complications at birth. Dr. Hamby delivered my LO and I am convinced her quick thinking and intuition saved LOs life. I really can't say enough nice things about any of the doctors there. You should definitely try them.

• Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience!  It's good to know that you have been pleased with all of the doctors there.  I think I am leaning towards switching to them at this point. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

another vote for Eastside.

My SIL loves dr hamby so I checked out this practice. Personally, I loved dr valentinine but she is no longer with them. Blunden is who I see on the reg. Hall is great. Chen is great. Abundis (sp) is just ok... Knapp is pretty good. Mahoney is ok

I would trust my birthing experience full heartedly to anyone of the doctors in this practice. Also they have a pretty good midwife there. (2 actually, but I think one is in training or something)

• Options

I would highly recommend St. John's Obgyn. I have been going to dr Kuzel out of the macomb office for years now. She actually delivered my son back a few months ago. I have been to the st Clair office several times during my pregnancy as well. The office staff is great and I have seen almost all the doctors there. Dr Hartzell is my best friends doctor and she absolutely adores him. She went through a miscarriage before getting pregnant with her now son and had nothing but good things to say about him. I wouldn't switch from this practice because of how great of an experience that I have had there, even though St. John hospital is a bit of a hike for me from macomb.  

BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a patient at Eastside Gyn. I like all the doctors I have seen there. But I'm a regular patient of Dr. Chen and I couldn't be happier. I would recommend him. 
  • Options
    I have used Eastside as my doctors for years before I was even thinking of getting pregnant.  I usually saw Dr. Hamby, then when I was pregnant with my 2 year old son, I started trying to see all the doctors to become familiar with them.  I love Dr. Blunden, Hamby, and Chen.  I have seen Mahoney and Hall a few times and I like them as well.  Dr. Abundis delivered my son and I just recently had my 28 week appt with her last week for my pregnancy now and I like her as well.  I also want to add that I moved from the SCS area, and now live an hour away and I wouldn't switch them for the world!!!  I also recommend delivery at Beaumont in Grosse Pointe.  You can pick there or St. Johns. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for your responses!  I actually decided to go with Eastside and I'm happy with my choice.  The nurse (Linda) was great at the first visit and got me in right away for an u/s because I had been spotting.  I've seen both Dr. Blunden and Dr. Mahoney so far. 
  • Options
    eastside  gynocology rocks. i have dr.blunden an he is awesome plus the other doc there. nurse linda is awesome too. 
  • Options
    I am at Eastside too! I love the staff there. Maybe we will "bump" into each other...lol.

Mom+Dad+Josie+May 2015=2 under 2!!!!  

• Options

Eastside OB/GYN is wonderful!  Had my baby with them and the enitre group of physicians are absolutely the best!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"