Postpartum Depression
Options

Prozac = migraines?

Hello, new to this board! Here's a quick intro/background.

I'm a FTM. My son was born March 7th. He was in the NICU for 4 1/2 days, he had trouble transitioning to the outside world as the doctors summed it up as. He's home now and doing great though!

I have been treated for depression and anxiety since I was 15 (now 25). I was doing good off my meds for awhile before I was pregnant, but towards the end of my pregnancy I started getting depressed again so decided to go back on Prozac.I've been having a rough time lately. Fortunately my SO is very understanding and has been helping me as much as he can.  

I've been on it only 5 days but have had a constant migraine for 4 days now. Has anyone had migraines from Prozac? I'm just curious if it's the Prozac or something else? I am making an appointment Monday to get checked out and maybe talk about a different medication. I'm not too thrilled about trying a different medication, I don't usually do good on and off new stuff. 

Im excited to be apart of this board though! I have been on the March 2013 board since my first trimester and now roam the Babies 0-3 board. I just recently discovered there was a PPD board! Hopefully you all are doing good and it'll be nice to talk/vent to you :) 

image Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Prozac = migraines?

• Options
    I've been on Prozac for a few weeks now and I haven't had this problem. I'd ask your doctor about it.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't have any experience with Prozac but I do know that headaches are pretty common PP due to the fluctuation in hormones.  If you've tried this medication in the past and it didn't cause you to get headaches i would bet its just the hormones doing crazy things. I was told by my DR that its only a concern if it doesn't seem to go away with normal dosage of tylenol or ibuprofen.
    photo 521774ac-531f-42f9-9325-82efbf569d9f_zps25965887.jpg<photo b8da4dd1-ab31-4567-8e47-1eed1489f7ee_zps7c71559e.jpgbr>

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I suffer from migraines outside of the pregnancy and was prescribed Prozac to take w. my migraine meds to prevent migraines. I didn't tolerate the Prozac, it was making me sleepy so they switched me to Celexa. During the pregnancy I have been off of all meds for migraines, but can tell you anti-depressants are supposed to help the migraines and not cause them. I do agree w. the ladies above that you are going through all sorts of hormonal changes and probably a bit dehydrated which can lead to a migraine. There are other options out there and would talk to him bc a migraine can put you out of commission for a day. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"