Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

LO wanted daycare teacher and not me:(

This is a "vent/share" and not really a question. I picked up my son from daycare yesterday.  He has two lead teachers, one of which I know is his fave.  She normally leaves in the afternoon before I pick him up, but she was working a late shift yesterday.  When I got there one of the afternoon floaters was in the room and I was standing there holding LO talking to her when the fave lead teacher came in the room. My son started crying/whining and reaching out for her.  I let him go to her and we chatted some more but it just broke my heart he wanted to be held by her and not me:( In my right mind I am super thankful he is so happy at his DC and has awesome teachers that he loves, but still, quite the stab to the heart!!  I know it doesn't mean he doesn't love me/like her better, etc. just sharing my first experience with this:)

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: LO wanted daycare teacher and not me:(

• Options

Ouch.  I'm dreading that day.  It seems like it is only a matter of time before DD does the same to me.  (I've talked to a LOT of work moms that have shared similar experiences).  If it makes you feel better my best friend had the s

• Options
    Just went through that this week and I posted about it on the Working Mom board. It's a bittersweet feeling because you're glad LO is enjoying DC and loves his teachers but can't help but feel sad when they want their teacher over you.
    Recently, DS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you shared... My little man did the same thing yesterday. I eeked out a few tears on the drive home...
  • Options

So heartbreaking! I don't handle that stuff well either :-/

DS and DD are not in daycare, but I have a family member who cares for them during the day while I work.... Sometimes they do the same thing... and I could just cry!
    I don't see it g

• Options
    This happened to me yesterday when I picked my son up from daycare. He wouldn't come to me, he stayed with his daycare provided and buried his head in her shoulder. I was heartbroken! He's never done that before. But as much as it hurt, I know it would hu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"