Preemies
Options

intro to outside world after released from hospital

hello ladies, 

I will be have preemie identical twin girls in may. i am trying to prepare myself for their home arrival and other people. my questions are:

besides taking to doctors visits, when did you start taking your LO outside to other places?

when did you let other people come near them?

in addition to asking these questions . my hostesses are being very helpful by throwing me a baby shower but now i am on unexpected bed rest until delivery, i want to move the shower to hospital. they are asking me why not a sip and see but i feel with preemies that i dont want one because 1) germs from other fam and friends 2) dont know when me my husband and twins gonna be up for one 3) this is my first pregnancy and i want to experience a shower for me and the girls just like the next woman. am i wrong for being cautious? 

just want to see what  you ladies did with your preemies

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: intro to outside world after released from hospital

• Options
    I had my shower when the babies were still in the NICU. If they are already home you can always leave them with your DH. Your friends and family will understand they can't be around a lot of people. (hopefully!) 
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Thus far, we've only allowed my parents and my brother to our house (and they have to scrub in, have ZERO symptoms of anything -- if anyone in their house is sick - they are also considered sick and not allowed to come until they are symptom-free for 4

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ashk7ashk7 member
    Welcome! First off I hope you can keep those babies in there as long as possible! Also with the shower, I had mine while dd was still in the NICU, it was hard and for me didn't feel like a baby shower, because I didn't have the belly and was so side track
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My son was born at 33weeks4 days. The invites for my showers had been mailed out places booked etc. They went ahead and still threw my showers while he was still in the NICU. During the showers I played a slideshow of our journey up to that morning and ha
  • Options
    My sister had planned my shower for when I would be 26 weeks, as I didn't want to have it too late when expecting twins. Well I ended up admitted for hospital bedrest the same day she mailed out the invitations, and she and my DH worked hard to move the s
    After 5 TI Clomid cycles, 5 IUIs, and 2 IVFs we finally got our BFP!
    Beta#1 (12dp3dt)= 353, Beta#2 (15dp3dt)= 1466, Beta#3 (22dp3dt)= 14,139, First u/s: TWINS!!
    After 10 weeks of bedrest, our two little ladies joined us at 28w6d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Thank you ladies for your insight. I thought I was being too cautious about having a shower after they are born because I know what the risk are I know that I didnt want to do one then even if they are 6 months or older later. I just hope people unders

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

When I was on bed rest we cancelled my shower and scheduled it at 34 weeks gestation - My baby was still in the hospital and I went to the shower at my friend's house without him. No way in hell would I have taken him and passed him around either!

<
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"