October 2012 Moms
Options

Are you Kidding ME!!! UPDATE

My husband got rear ended today with our son in the car. I haven't seen the damage, but it seems moderate and it was on the opposite side from where the car seat was. My car seat manual says and I quote, "YOU MUST replace this Child Restraint if it has been involved in a crash, even if you cannot see visible damage. A damaged child restraint may not protect your child in a future crash."

I just got off the phone with the other guys insurance and they said that they won't replace the seat until they have seen the damage to the car and decided whether or not there was enough damage for the seat to need to be replaced!! 

Are you kidding me!! They are basically telling me to take a chance on my kids safety!!! I will pay to replace the seat anyway, but I think the a-hole who rear ended my husband at a stop sign should have to pay for it!

*UPDATE*

I talked to my insurance company and they said that they do not take the issue of child seats lightly and would most likely include that in the claim. We have to wait for the adjuster to make the final decision, but the agent I talked to said that he didn't see any reason why it wouldn't be covered. We are going to have to initially go out of pocket on this, but I would rather let my insurance fight with the other guys.

Re: Are you Kidding ME!!! UPDATE

• Options
    So sorry to hear this. How is your son? Did he cry a lot right after it happened? That would be terrible!

• Options

imageBabyCarryingVessel:
    So sorry to hear this. How is your son? Did he cry a lot right after it happened? That would be terrible!<
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm always paranoid about other drivers too! Hold your boy tight tonight! I'm sure it was loud and weird for him.

• Options

First, glad everyone is ok!

Second, I wouldn't even deal with the other guy's insurance personally - I would have your insurance and his insurance work it out. If the other guy's insurance is being total a-holes, your insurance may pay for&nbs

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sorry to hear that. Our insurance company said the same thing when DH's truck was hit in the parking lot and did a decent amount of damage. They said they would only replace it if the carseat was visably damaged.

It's like the insurance companie

• Options
    That sucks.  My MIL crashed my car - DS1 wasn't in the car my insurance replaced my car seat no questions ask - told me to by a new seat and send them the receipt.  Call your insurance and see if they can help. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.S-S:

First, glad everyone is ok!

Second, I wouldn't even deal with the other guy's insurance personally - I would

• Options
    Iam sooo glad that everyone is ok! hug your boys tight tonight
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    just lurker from Nov... my ins agent fought with state farm to get them to pay but they did finally do so... be patient pretty sure that in the end you'll get your money back
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but it is good to hear that your insurance will be taking care of it.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    If insurance gives you anymore hassle regarding the carseat tell them you need a letter from stating they accept any liabiltiy for any injury that occurs to your child in a future accident from using the damaged seat.
    "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together" Elizabeth Taylor DD 05/10 DS 10/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"