C-sections

Removal of old scar at c-section?

Has anyone had old scar tissue and actual external scar removed on the day of their c-section? I have had several abdominal surgeries. The latest has left a hypertrophic scar which is both very ugly and causes discomfort? ( different from a keloid)

Do you think the surgeon will be able to remove it on the day of the s-section? All the scars are where the c-section will be done. 

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Removal of old scar at c-section?

• My girlfriend has a lot of scar tissue and her ob removed it during the c/s. Her c/s took twice as long because she had so much.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I had my scar cut out and then re-done.  My first one was awful looking and this one looks amazing. Not sure about your other scars though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My doc cut out my old scar... I just asked. I'm sure your doc would be happy to do the same 
  • I always thought it was standard procedure to do that. At least where I am from, Dr's completely re-do your old scar with every c-section. You get cut in the same spot as the old one and it gets redone. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is the plan during my cs in May.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! I will be sure to request it and hopefully my OB will comply. Fingers crossed! It's not just ugly and makes me sad to look at but also is very difficult for me to find comfortable pants to wear.  
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I never thought of this.  I had my 2nd C/S in November, and my scar looks so much cleaner and nicer now.  I wondered about it, but it hadn't occured to me that the dr. must have redone it.  Huh! 
  • imageUFMADDIE09:
    I always thought it was standard procedure to do that. At least where I am from, Dr's completely re-do your old sc
  • Hmmm....I never thought of this either! Great post topic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"