C-sections
Options

Driving after csection

How long after your csection did you drive on your own? And how did you know you were ready? Just go for a short drive around the block?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Driving after csection

• Options
    I drove down the block to my office about a week and a half afterward.  I was only on motrin at that point and I felt really good.  I wouldn't have left town or anything though.

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• Options
    A little over 2 weeks with both. I was told okay at 2 weeks, I just wasn't ready (or had no need to drive) right on the 2 week mark.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was cleared to drive at 2 weeks, and even then it was painful at times.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB said I could drive as soon as I wasn't taking pain meds and felt comfortable enough to slam on the brakes if necessary.  I could have driven around 2 weeks PP, but DS was born in the summer and DH is a teacher, so I didn't have to drive for abo
  • Options
    It probably really depends on your recovery. My recovery the first time was slow and I didn't drive until almost a month out. This time I drove easily at 12 days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My Ob said 6w. I'm 2w pp, still sore, but I promised DH I would wait another week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageRdomb1107:
    My Ob said 6w. I'm 2w pp, still sore, but I promised DH I would wait another week.

My OB a

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was told two weeks, and I didn't have any need to try driving before then as I had help around,
  • Options
    Twelve days after #1, two weeks after #2.  I had easy recoveries, so at that point I was functional enough that driving seemed like it would be as manageable as everything else I was doing.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    Dr said wait 2 weeks although I felt I would have been okay at around 1 week. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Options
    imageNeener73:
    My OB said I could drive as soon as I wasn't taking pain meds and felt comfortable enough to slam on the brakes if necess
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    One week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My doc also told me 6 weeks. I avoided the car anyway, because it hurt to sit.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was told by my OB I could drive after 6 weeks PP
  • Options
    I was told I could at 2 weeks, and I went to the store with DD at exactly 2 weeks PP. It was DH's birthday and we needed to go get him a gift :)

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options
    Had my c-section on 3/15, drove for the first time 3/27
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"