Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

In-laws with first grandbaby

Has anyone dealt with their in-laws being obsessiveness or possessive with your first child?

My daughter is the first grandchild for my in-laws and my mil makes me crazy with the way she is with my daughter. Anyone else have these problems before and if so how did you handle it?

My husband and I have talked and we have set boundaries as to what we do and don't want his parents and my mom doing with our daughter so that helps. My mil is very demanding and has gone as far as giving my daughter after my husband has told her not to whipped cream when she was 6 months old...no allergic reaction to it luckily but we were not happy and she suggests giving our daughter other foods to try when she still has no teeth and is still on baby food. Very irritating!

Re: In-laws with first grandbaby

• Options
    I am in the same position except my in laws try to be very understanding, father in law is very good at respecting our wishes but my big problem is sister in law!! She moved out of state for college right before DS was born but whenever she is home and we
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for your response. That is so funny. My sister in law started college right when I had our daughter. My MIL is the worst so far though. I don't mean that in an ugly way though. She is a very kind, caring, and loving women who would do absolutely

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's nice to see other people are going through very similar situations. My MIL is also a very sweet caring lady, she tries to respect everything we ask and fortunately she hasn't done the food situation. I am not sure how I would handle that, it would mo
  • Options

I get two MILs to deal with: DH's mom and DH's stepmom who lives close by.  THey are very different but both want to be very close to DD so I have two very different situations to juggle.

First: perspective.  They are used to doing thin

• Options
    My son is the first grand baby on both sides. There have been quite a few spats over us being told how to raise him, grandparents wanting to babysit more, me being too specific with things, etc. I think everyone just had different expectations. I have

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• Options
    My mother sees my DD at most, once a week. I am usually always with her when she is there...Since we have begun solids my mother has given her...get ready for this nonsense... Tiramisu, banana cream pie, a cinnabon, soup, cheesecake, a chocolate biscotti,

• Options

Yes, I have decided to lay off complaining so much to my husband and others because it only helps me know I am not crazy for thinking the way I do about my MIL but I know she means well and only wants what is best for her granddaughter. She also wants

• Options

I have issues with mine as well, but thankfully they live 4 hours away and we don't see them as much. One night we all went out to dinner and she refused to put her in the high chair when I kept insisting, and she ended up spilling hot coffee on DD. I

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@sk8erdevil19...I am so glad to hear this sadly. I really wonder what our MIL's would do if they were being recorded and seeing how they respond to us compared to other people or maybe seeing other families dealing with the same thing and realizin

• Options
    imagekbruington:
    imagelittlemurp
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"