VBAC
Options

pessimistic dr. optimistic MW

I switch back and forth between my MW and the OB Dr. The dr. is pro-VBAC, but yesterday when I told him our 3D u/s showed her estimated weight at 5 lbs. already, he said, the key to a vbac is to have a small baby...he has not been very optimistic about my vbac the entire time, but my MW is very positive of course. I was supposed to see her yesterday but she is sick with a virus. There isn't really a point to my post except to say that I am tired of his comments! I have only gained 27 pounds so far and I am 5ft tall. DS was 7lb. 14. oz and my c/s was for failure to progress...what do you think?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: pessimistic dr. optimistic MW

• Options
    U/s can be off by as much as 2lb. Your LO may only be 3lb right now. Many ladies on here have VBACed big babies. No reason you can't have a trial of labor.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I think it's more like the key to keeping your OB cooperative with your VBAC plans is to have a small baby.  I honestly probably wouldn't have even told him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a csection with my first after pushing for three hours with no progress. He was 7 pounds. I had a vbac with my second in a super fast two hour labour. He was 8 pounds. I do not believe at all that size is predictive of vbac success. My friend had a
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ugh, I hate the big baby pessimism. Unless there is some reason why your baby might be too big (like GD), there's nothing to say you can't vbac a big baby. Yes, u/s's can be off 1/2 lb in either direction. I don't think it's as much as 2 lbs like pp sa

DS1: August 2009 (emergency c/s, HELLP syndrome) DS2: September 2012 (VBAC)
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"