VBAC

ACOG - Vaginal Delivery Recommended over Maternal-Requested C-section

My midwife just posted this.  I found it very interesting!

https://www.acog.org/About_ACOG/News_Room/News_Releases/2013/Vaginal_Delivery_Recommended_Over_Maternal-Request_Cesarean

I wonder how much they would apply this to VBACs as well.  I'm generally pretty supportive of women giving birth in the way that they would be most happy with (within reason).  I am happy that it seems the ACOG really gives a crap about how ridiculously high the C-section rate is in the US.  I wonder if this statement was made with the intention of really driving the point home to some of their members who are entirely too willing to perform C-sections upon request for convenience or preference.  

P.S. I know I editted this post numerous times.  I originally read it the statement wrong. 

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
Sarah - 12/23/2008
Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage

Re: ACOG - Vaginal Delivery Recommended over Maternal-Requested C-section

• I saw this today on FB--interesting.  I'm supportive of a woman's right to choose an elective cesarean, even if it is a primary cesarean.  But I'm really glad to see ACOG supporting vaginal birth and calling attention to the risks of c/s, especi

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't think they would apply this much to VBACs, but they've already formally said vaginal birth is recommended for one or two prior cesareans (well, they would say a trial of labor). I wish more doctors heeded these pronouncements.  It does look l
  • Loading the player...
  • imageA37licia:
    I don't think they would apply this much to VBACs, but they've already formally said vaginal birth is recommended fo

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for clarifying!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"