Health & Exercise

Abdominal muscle separation

At my doctors appointment yesterday while sitting up my doc pointed out that my muscles had separated. I didn't have this problem in either of my last pregnancies. I am sort of a workout junkie. I started Insanity 6 weeks after DD2, and I'm a runner as well. I asked the doctor about what it would mean for me after baby gets here. She said, it should go back on it's own. Have any of you ladies had this and did you have to do anything special or avoid any workouts to not make it worse?

Re: Abdominal muscle separation

• I had this after LO #2 and it is worse since LO#3.  I quite honestly haven't had any time to work out with 3 kids now so I just diet, but your post got me thinking more about this issue.  I also have back issues so I have been hesitant to even g
  • My ab separation wasn't that bad after the birth of my twins in '10 but I made it really bad by doing crunches to try and flatten out my tummy : I found a PT who specializes in postpartum core recovery who taught me how to strengthen my transverse abs. I
  • Loading the player...
  • Crunches make it worse!  Google workouts to do for ab separation and you'll find quite a bit of information. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHilarigh:
    My ab separation wasn't that bad after the birth of my twins in '10 but I made it really bad by doing crunches to tr
  • I'm late to the game here, but after my PG with DS I ended up with a SEVERE "Diastasis Recti" that basically no matter how much PT I could do will never return to where the muscles are suppose to be ever again (I'm at least 6 fingers apart).  The

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"