Special Needs
Options

CP - Hyperkinetic Type?

Howdy! Hopping over from the adoption boards. DH and I are considering adopting a LO with dyskinetic CP - the hyperkinetic type... It's been hard to find anything out there that isn't like hard science (which, right now, is turning into a foreign language about halfway into the abstract!).

Does anyone here have experience with this type of CP? I know every child is different; it's just nice to hear from a real person with an actual child instead of numbers from a study. 

All we know right now is that he'll be 2 in a few months and he can (at least) stand in front of a wall. [and that he also has sweet, puffy cheekies! LOVE.] 

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Application approved Dec '11
Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
Homestudy complete July 19
USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
Come home, baby A!

Re: CP - Hyperkinetic Type?

• Options
    My son has CP but of the spastic variety so I can't help in regards to the specific type you are asking about but I am happy to answer any other questions that you have (and if I can!).  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"