Baby Showers

baby shower at restaurant, who pays?

if a baby shower is being held at a restaurant, do the guests pay for themselves and host cover the MTB? or is it expected that the guests are all covered by the hosts?

I personally think it's tacky when I'm invited to a shower (baby or wedding) and expected to pay for my own meal but If it's a big party, i understand it can be expensive for the host to cover all the costs as well. 

Re: baby shower at restaurant, who pays?

• A guest should never have to pay for her own meal.  If the host can't afford it, then alternative arrangements need to be made.

If it's not during a typical meal time, then appetizers and drinks might be OK.  But the guests shouldn't

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The guests should not have to pay for their own meals. If the cost is an issue then other arrangements need to be made such as inviting less people or having it at a different type of venue. 

• Loading the player...
  • The host should pay. If they chose to have it at a restaurant that is their fault. Usually when held at a place as such the restaurant has a menu for large groups to chose from, with only a select few items. The host pays a discounted rate.

• If its a shower with invitations and gifts, the hostess(es) need to pay for everyone.  If its a much more casual "let's get some girlfriends together for lunch" thing with no real host, people can pay for themselves and cover the MTB.
  • The host pays for the meals. However, I've been to several showers where it's a cash bar for alcoholic drinks. I'm not sure of the rules on that one. 
  • My Mom is hosting a shower for me this Sunday at an Italian restaurant with 25 people, and I think it would not be okay in that situation for her to expect folks to pay for their own meals and drinks. I wouldn't side eye having to pay for my meal

• imageJoy2611:

imageJillwit
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The host should always pay. They shouldn't offer a shower if they can't afford to pay for it.
  • imageBetty&Co:
    The host should always pay. They shouldn't offer a shower if they can't afford to pay for it.
  • The host absolutely should pay. I recently went to a 2nd baby shower held at a restaurant. Not only did I just but her a present about a year ago, I bought her another and had to pay for my meal. Incredibly tacky.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The host pays for everyone. End of story. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I went to a shower last year with 30+ people. Obviously, a restaurant meal would be expensive. The host held it in her backyard. She re-purposed some of her wedding decorations for centerpieces with fresh flowers, rented some folding tables and
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"