January 2012 Moms

I don't know how we survived the day (long)

Honestly I am just exhausted lol! Today was crazy! I woke up to this crazy clattering noise over the monitor. I click on the video and it looked like the camera was getting mauled by a great white shark. I run in there and ds had grabbed a hold of the cord to the monitor and was trying to rip the monitor off the wall! I don't know how he even saw it. I had taped it securely under the chair rail and down the corner behind the crib. Obviously this scared me because I am terrified ds could strangle himself if he pulled it into the crib.

Then after breakfast I left the room for literally one minute and ds had climbed up on the couch and over the play yard onto the end table. He then proceeded to smear my hot chocolate (which luckily was cold) all over the table, the couch, my iPhone and iPad. 

Then we had two close calls with him falling off the couch. Honestly I am thoroughly impressed with my catching skills. This kid is a monkey!

Then he only took an hour nap today so I didn't get to take my shower. So I put ds in his bouncy, turned on Mickey Mouse and went to hop in the shower. Normally he sits there nicely playing with the toys on the bouncy watching Mickey Mouse. So I'm in the shower and I hear two beeps (I always leave the door open so I can listen for ds who is about 15 feet away in the living room). I thought it was weird but thought maybe it was the dishwasher beeping that it was clean. Then I hear the dogs' water bowl hit the ground. At this point I know something is up and I'm grabbing my towel. I hear the bowl hit the ground a second time. I poke my head out of the bathroom and there is no baby in the bouncy! I run into the kitchen and ds is standing in a puddle, soaking wet holding the tv remote in one hand and the water bowl in the other! Oh and did I mention he was chomping on two pieces of dog kibble?! OMG!!! YUCK!!! And ds gives me the biggest cheese smile like he's saying, you caught me mommy! He was also nice enough to turn off the space heater that was in the living room, which was the two beeps I heard. Luckily it doesn't get hot and stays cool to the touch. I wanted to die! I don't know how he got out of the bouncy! The whole seat was on the ground so he must have pulled himself out from the top. I don't know how he did this quietly or how he did not fall on his face. I swear he must be part monkey and part ninja!

THEN (oh yes there's more) I was making dinner and dh came upstairs with ds. We play this game where dh holds ds and I chase them down the hallway. When we get to the end we turn around and they chase me. We've been doing this since ds was 6 months old and he cracks up hysterical every time. Well dh decided to loop around instead of stopping at the end of the hall and trips over the dog with ds in his arms! Don't ask me how but dh somehow tucked and rolled mid air and held ds in the air so he didn't hit the ground. OMG! My heart was in my throat and for the second time in one day I almost died. Ds thought this was so funny and was cracking up! Thank god both of them are ok though I think dh will be sore tomorrow bc he hit pretty hard. 

Honestly I don't know what happened today. Normally things are pretty mellow around here but holy cow! I'm glad ds is in bed and is in one piece. I'm just glad everyone is ok.  

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: I don't know how we survived the day (long)

• OMG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

sorry, I'm sure this wasn't as funny for you, but reading your post, it just sounds hilarious!

I'm glad everyone is ok :)

I think we should all be aware and start expecting days like yours has been :P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lp0lp0 member
    Lol I'm laughing today but yesterday I was just thankful I got him to bed in one piece :)
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I was awoken last week also my my son pulling on the video monitor camera cord.  By the time I got to his room he had pulled it off the wall and there was even a screw in his crib.  Thankfully he didn't put that in his mouth.  And he is get
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • omg this post made LOL several times. I am glad everyone is ok though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"