Natural Birth
Options

remodeled hosp

The hospital where I work is doing a makeover of our maternity floor. So our pep club is raising money for the remodel and highlighted the renovations in our company newsletter. They were sooooo excited. The highlights?

* new continuous fetal monitoring systems

* AND!! A big-screen tv in every room!! 

No talk of tubs, new natural-friendly equipment...nothing. But there's gonna be a big tv for your DH to zone out on. I find it disheartening because this hospital had over a 35% C-section rate and is actually one of the lower rates in the area. ::HUFF::

Rant over.

Re: remodeled hosp

• Options
    *shakes head* That is SAD. Indifferent
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    thats ridiculous and such a waste of resources. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Discouraging...I don't think I even turned my television on ONCE when I was in the hospital.  Our hospital recently did a remodel- put in one labor tub but still don't allow water births. I guess it's also discouraging for me because no hope for any
  • Options

I was soooo hopeful when they first announced the budget approval for the remodel. I thought, 'oh, if I could only be part of the committee that decides those renovations.'

Alas, I am but a lowly phone operator. Lol. Still pretty peeved. I kno

• Options
    What a huge waste of money. 
  • Options
    AmyRIAmyRI member

Ugh. How sad. I'm glad the hospitals around me are all making the push towards more NB friendly rooms and becoming baby-friendly hospitals.

I did turn on a tv in a L&D room once - when I was there for an NST. The distraction did help lower

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #3 Due April 2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"