Success after IF
Options

When Would A Blood Test Be +?

Anyone know how early pregnancy can be detected with a blood draw?  

My lap is scheduled for the 29th and at my pre-op apt today I insisted that I have a blood draw before the surgery (not just the pee test) just make sure I'm not preggo since the surgery date got rescheduled (again) for the end of my cycle due to some kind of scheduling conflict with the OR.

I ovulated yesterday (the 20th).  I've read a bunch of stuff online but it has varied from 7 days to 14 days after ovulation (I've gotten a + HPT at 10 days post O before, so I know it's less than 14 days for sure).  The nurse told me to come in and have the draw done on Monday, but I argued that that would most likely be too soon because HCG wouldn't be detectable until after implantation occurs( right?!?!?!?!  Or is it at fertilization?  I'm second guessing myself and feel like I should know this!).  I would only be 5 days post O on Monday.  I asked her why I couldn't just have it drawn the morning of my surgery and she had nothing to say other than that I would have to come in earlier (I'm sure so the doc wouldn't be inconvenienced should I actually be pregs).   

I was thinking I would go in on the 28th (day before surgery) to have the draw done.  Do you think we would know for sure by 8 days post O?  I mean, not like I'm too hopeful that I actually did get knocked up this cycle.  I wasn't able to take all of the herbs/supplements I was on in previous cycles because you have to quit all of that for at least two weeks prior to surgery and my LP has only been 8 days long when I'm not on the herbs, but I'm stressing about this a bit since I just found out about the date change.    

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

Re: When Would A Blood Test Be +?

• Options
    It would not show up on Monday. The embryo would have to implant and then your odd starts producing hormones. I would guess that it might detect your levels around 10dpo but a negative at that point might be just because it is too early. I think your best
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    HCG starts after implantation. But implantation does not always occur at the same time. You could have an early implanter or a late one. I think implantation could probably even occur at or after 8 days...this is just off the top of my head. Is ther
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would do it the morning of or the day before. Basically the last possible second. I'm kind of surprised you're allowed to do the lap. When I was going to do it (changed my mind and did IVF instead) they told me I would either have to be on birth control
  • Options

We weren't told not to, however we would have prevented, but first the surgery was set for the 13th (before O).  Then it got moved to the 20th (the day I actually O'd).  Then it got moved to the 25th.  NOW i

• Options

baby hopes says:

"If an egg is going to be fertilized and conception is going to occur, it will have to happen within 12 to 24 hours after ovulation...The process of traveling and implanting will take somewhere around 7 to 10 days altogether."</

• Options
    imageSaraevh:

We weren't told not to, however we would have prevented, but first the surgery was set

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

• Options
    imageDragonfly1226:
    imageSaraevh

• Options

Good point.  

What about this?  ::thinking outloud::  .... my surgery is at 9am so I have to be there around 7am.  I just called the lab and they open at 7am.  If I don't get my period before

• Options
    imageSaraevh:

Good point.  

What about this?  ::thinking outloud::  .... my surg

Unexplained Infertility

TTC #2

• Options

9 days past O.  If I got a + HPT at 10 days past O a blood draw should be able to tell us if I'm KU or not right?  

• Options
    imageSaraevh:

9 days past O.  If I got a + HPT at 10 days past O a blood draw should be able to tell us if I'm KU or not right

• Options

DAMMIT IBack!  I know I know.  You're right.  Gah.  This is so annoying.

I know what is going to happen.  I'm going to reschedule and then I will get my period the day before surgery.   

• Options
    imageSaraevh:

DAMMIT IBack!  I know I know.  You're right.  Gah.  This is so annoying.

I know what is goi

• Options

Not really I guess.  We'd just be out to try IUI in April for sure if not May as well, but I guess that wouldn't be the end of the world.  

This doctor is like THEE doctor to go to for lap surgery for Endo.  He's old and close to r

• Options

Well, I guess you could consider it another way:  If all the stars aligned against you and fertilization had occurred, but implantation had not (so you were negative on a blood test) AND you had the procedure, what would happen

• Options
    Honestly, in that case I might just keep it on the schedule. Heck, chances are good you'll get rescheduled anyway. 2 hours should be plenty of time to get a STAT HCG test but check with your lab. My lab does them in less than an hour.
  • Options

???

You know what?!  I'm just going to call tomorrow AM, talk to the nurse and see how long it would take to get a new surgery date.  Then I'll go from there.  

• Options

imagenew+tothis:
    Heck, chances are good you'll get rescheduled anyway.

RIGHT?!  H

• Options
    imageSaraevh:

???

You know what?!  I'm just going to call tomorrow AM, talk to the nurse and see how long it would take

Unexplained Infertility

TTC #2

• Options
    imageDragonfly1226:
    imageSaraevh

• Options
    I think it's strange that they wouldn't have rescheduled you for a proper lap time when things got pushed back. It should be done roughly a week after your new cycle start day. I personally wouldn't want to take the chance and always wonder.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Update:  I called and talked to the nurse this morning.  I expressed my concern for doing the blood draw any earlier than the morning of surgery given where I will be in my cycle with the 50th reschedule and she changed her mind and

• Options
    I am late to this one Saraevh, I would be inclined to go with the April date & hope they don't cancel again. I would rather go into surgery knowing that there was no possibility of being pregnant, I know that you don't want to miss out on a month of TTC
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"