Food Allergy
Options

Trouble weaning of Alimentum

So my daughter is actually 12.5 months now and after trying to introduce cows milk in month 11 over a period of 3 weeks we decided it was a fail. Screaming on and off all night long, super congested in her nose, started having a dry hacking cough (vanished within 24hrs off cows milk).

So now I'm trying to wean her onto hemp milk. Love all the benefits of it. She HATES the taste. Both the alimentum and hemp milk are strong flavors and mixing them together smells awful. So yesterday I bought coconut milk (unsweetened vanilla) gave her just a small mount straight to see if she'd just happen to like it before having to mix with her formula. She wasn't a fan which is crazy to me because she's had a couple happy tots food pouches made with coconut milk that to me smelled very strong. She likes those.

I tried mixng just a 1/4 of coconut milk into her formula and she can still taste it and won't drink. She makes the most disgusting faces. I feel so bad. How can I get her weaned off this formula? I want her off because though it's broken down it's still dairy and she's ALWAYS had bad sleep issues and sensitive skin so I'd prefer to have her off it and oon and off stuffy noses.

Only other milk I'd be willing to try is almond milk but I'm so nervous about nuts. We did allergy testing yesterday so I have to wait and see what it says.

Has anyone weaned their lo off alimentum and care to share how you went about doing it? I worry she won't drink more than an ounce when the hemp or coconut milk is mixed in and she is such a picky eater so she won't have harldy any calories. HELP!

Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Trouble weaning of Alimentum

• Options

Not sure if you still need the help... but here goes.

Coconut and Almonds are both treenuts.  If she can tolorate coconut she can probably tolorate almonds.  DD is allergic to peanuts but can have both coconut and almond milks.

<
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"