July 2011 Moms
Options

cut up food

how small are you cutting up LOs food?  Do you still cut up everything?

DS tends to shove everything in his mouth, so I still cut up everything pretty well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: cut up food

• Options

I cut up meat, pasta, fruit, etc.

I leave sandwiches (cut in half - not pieces) and easy-to-bite things.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I stopped cutting up most things unless it could be a choking hazard. Her OT told me I needed to stop because she had sensory issues and her mouth muscles weren't developed enough. If I do cut it, I try to make it like the size of my finger, so she practi
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't cut up much anymore. Mostly just fruit and meat, and they're in decent sized chunks so they're easy to stab with her fork.
  • Options
    I still cut up food. The reason is this: when you hand the diva her food and it is not cut into portions that she approves of, she gives you "the look" and will hand it back to you so that you can cut it into an acceptable size. 
  • Options
    I cut things that are extra chewy,or choking hazards to manageable sizes.
  • Options
     I cut meat and most fruit and still probably the majority of things. she wont bite a sandwich tho..
  • Options
    I still cut up everything because DS shovels it in his mouth.. Also I'm trying to teach him not to so if I hand him his toast he pushes it away and will not eat it until I cut it up..
  • Options

My kid is a Diva in the opposite direction on this. She likes her pieces big so she gnaw as she sees fit..lol. ;) She's always been this way even since a baby.

So I cut very little. Grapes are about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"