Food Allergy
Options

Questions! Allergist?

My ds has eczema. One spot in particular on his face that is severe and we have not been able to get it to go away other than with steroids. Both the pedi derm and his regular pedi suggested allergy testing to see if any food allergies were contributing. We had an immunocap (quest) done a week ago and he came back level 2 for peanut, 3 for egg and 3 for dog. When I initially spoke to the nurse he said that the dr would probably just advise avoiding those things since the levels were low. However, he called back and said that the dr does think we need to follow up with an allergist. 

Why would we need a follow up? What will the allergist do?

My ds is only 13 months and he is already terrified of doctors! I don't want to put him through another painful visit if it isn't necessary. Please help , this is all freaking me out! Also I will add that he has had whole eggs before and has not had any other outward reaction that I could see, like hives or something. He was EBF and is still nursing.

I am also avoiding these things as well for that reason. 

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Questions! Allergist?

• Options

I've heard blood tests can give false positives.  I would have a skin allergy test done.  We see a pedi allergist and they test everything on her back at once.  First test was done at 10 months. They barely feel it (kind of like a big st

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I agree, it's best to work with an allergist rather than the pediatrician, our allergist is up on research,etc.   

The allergist might have you do a process where y

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both.  I guess we will go ahead with the allergist and see what they have to say. It is just so overwhelming and scary. I just want him to be able to eat like a normal kid. :-(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"