One & Done: Only child
Options

Intro

Hi everyone! I am a SAHM to one beautiful baby girl. She was our honeymoon baby. I am an only child myself.

After a miserable pregnancy with crippling depression and anxiety from the 2nd trimester on which has yet to let up I have lost all desire to have more children as originally planned. The thought literally makes me short of breath and I burst into tears. My husband seems to think I'll change my mind once I'm "better." Um, no. But that does succeed in making me feel worse. He says it's up to me but I feel like I'm failing him by not giving him more babies. It doesn't help that where we live everyone has 3 or 4.

I was SO happy to see this board because I desperately need a place where people don't talk about "when you have the next one" like it's set in stone.

Look forward to talking with you all!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Intro

• Options
    imagePappsMcgee:
    Welcome! Sorry to hear about your struggles. I hope this board is a good relief for you

<br /
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    Welcome! I think your feelings are totally valid. I hate the assumption that you will be back on the TTC at a set time.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! Having a rough time while pregnant can sure throw off the plan to have more, I hear ya!!
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Options

Hi and welcome! I'm so sorry about everything that has gone on. I agree with M&M that your husband should really be more supportive of how you are feeling.

I am also an only child!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Welcome!  I'm sorry you're struggling, hopefully things start to get better soon for ya ::hugs::
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I don't think my husband really "gets" it yet. Hopefully he will soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"