Two Under 2

second induction

Did anyone have inductions with their first and second births? Did the second one go faster/easier than the first?

I was induced with DS1, 39 weeks, 1cm 50 effaced, started with 12 hours of cervidil, then 16 hours of pitocin. It was a hellacious 28 hour llabor.

I'm scheduled to be induced Sunday at midnight. I'll be 39 weeks. I'm currently 1/2cm and 30 effaced hoping for more by Sunday

I'm just really hoping the second time goes quicker and easier.
Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers ____________________________________________________________________________ *4 angel babies in heaven*__ *DX with Progesterone defficiency June 2010* *Haylie Marie & Makenzie Shayanne adopted November 2010* **SURPRISE! !ALL NATURAL MIRACLE BFP!!12/26/10 (MERRY CHRISTMAS)** ***Alexander Robert born 8/20/11, 11:01pm, 8lbs. 2oz. 20.5inches*** **BFP 06/26/2012.. Baby B #2 Due 04/01/2013**

Re: second induction

• For me each induction went smoother, and quicker, however I've never needed cervidil (I guess my cervix was "favorable") only Pitocin to get things going.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I was induced 8 days overdue with DD1.  I was already cm dilated so I didn't need cervidil.  I started pitocin at 8am and had her at 11:22p.  I was induced on my due date with DD2 due to decels in her heart rate during the NST.  I beli
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I was induced twice. #1 was 38w6d, not dilated more than a fingertip and maybe 50% effaced. I had two rounds of cervidil and pitocin was stopped and re-started twice. From start to finish, the induction was 56 hours and I was actually in labor for 38 h

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 3 time inducee-

1st was 35 hours and horrible.
    2nd was 14 hours.
    3rd was 9 hours.

• I was only 1 cm dilated with #1 at 40 weeks 4 days.  I was given Cervidil to start and Pitocin about 15 hours later when I stalled out a 8 cm for a few hours.  Rough 20 hour labor (epidural was one-sided, I threw up a few times, had horrible b

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"