December 2012 Moms
Options

Tummy time and rolling

DS will be 3 months on the 29th.  We try tummy time everyday, but he HATES it! I mean HATES it! Even if we lay him on our chests so he can see our faces, he still screams and kicks.  We carry him upright instead of cradle him, so he can practice holding his head up that way, but his neck muscles aren't very strong. I'm wondering when your LOs were able to hold their heads up?

When we lay him on his back, he doesn't act like he wants to roll over anytime soon.  When did your LOs roll over? Was tummy time more enjoyable when they were able to roll over on their own?

I'm a FTM, so I may be overreacting, but I'm worried he's behind or that something is developmentally wrong.  HELP! 

Re: Tummy time and rolling

• Options
    Ok, no worries. DD holds head up for a min or two and only rolled over twice and it was more about how her head was so big and heavy that when she tipped it she then got momentum to roll. She was born Dec 3rd so she could be nearly a month older than your

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm a FTM too, so no idea what's normal, but... DD hates tummy time too. Our best bet is on our chests, but even that gets old quickly. We did find that it helps if we pull her arms out a bit, more like a baby push up, than leaving them under her. She'll

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO loved tummy time the first 2 months, and since then, HATES it! But we realized we can only do it with her when she is in a great mood. We realized in the mornings are her best hours so we do it for a while then and after a few days of figuring that
  • Options

imageSingleMom31:
    I'm a FTM too, so no idea what's normal, but... DD hates tummy time too. Our best bet is on our chests, but even
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"