Health & Exercise

my first marathon- any tips?

Im running my second half marathon in april, and today i decided i will also run the Kansas City full marathon in October. I'm planning on following Hal Higdon's novice 2 plan. I will start training in June. I'm REALLY excited!!!! any tips from runners who have done a full marathon before? Thanks!

Re: my first marathon- any tips?

• hi there! first off congrats on going for your full! i have completed several fulls, running is my life! i would just advise you to get your weekday training in, even crosstraining, you always feel better on your long runs if you get the proper training.
  • thanks for the advice, i thinks its definitely smart to focus on eating right. what do you usually eat the day before the race?
  • Loading the player...
  • SDWSDW member

Congrats! Exciting stuff. Remember to take your long runs seriously. That's the only thing I can think of. Oh yes, and I like the Chew blocks---I prefer chewing to goo (I'm not about the goo!). I also like the sports Jelly Beans, but the blocks are my

pregnancy
  • Train like you want to race - don't try any new gels or new shoes (clothes in general) for race day. Have fun and just keep putting one foot in front of the other :)
    Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! imageimage
  • Congrats on training for your first full! I have yet to do that. I noticed you're going to do the KC full? Do you live there?  I'm also doing a half marathon in April in KC. and I did the half in Oct last year. I wish I had tips for the full marathon
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did a full a long while ago... like 6 years I think. I used Hal Hidgon too and thought it was a good program.

1. Don't wear anything new the morning of the race

2. I loved the sport jelly beans and raisins that I stashed in my pockets

imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • imageChristyD6:

I did a full a long while ago... like 6 years I think. I used Hal Hidgon too and thought it was a good program.

Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! imageimage
  • imagechickklit:
    Congrats on training for your first full! I have yet to do that. I noticed you're going to do the KC full? Do you l
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"