December 2010 Moms

CQ: Mama/Papa preference

S is a mama's boy - he had a brief interlude of fascination with daddy a few months back and still they like to play, but when he calls out in the morning, it's for mama.

DH and I take turns with who gets up with him in the morning - S knows he has to stay in his crib until the clock light turns green at 6:45, but often we have to go in to remind him.

This morning was a DH morning. S wakes, and DH gets up to get him to pipe down...and I hear - "No. I don't want you Daddy. I don't want you." I feel so sad for daddy!! DH is a great dad! Eventually, S will settle down, but I'm wondering - 

Have any of you had success persuading or coaching LO to be less mean to your partner in expressing his parent preference?

Re: CQ: Mama/Papa preference

• They aren't doing it to be mean at this age.

And it will shift back and forth.

B was all about daddy until last month. Now it is all me all the time and honestly, after hearing "MOMMY" for the 400th time in a row because she doesn't wan

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • C had strong preferences for quite a few months.  It was Daddy for a couple and that was hard!  He's settled down by now for the most part but definitely asks for Mommy for comfort (first in the morning, having trouble getting to sleep, gets hur
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • G has been in a mama phase for awhile.  He still likes to do things with daddy, too.  Just prefers me.  My DH does get a little peeved.  I don't blame him.  The only thing that bothers me is that when I've told Gray tht we are goi
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • G has always been a mamas boy.  I don't think hes ever had a daddy phase.  Sometimes when DH goes to get him in the morning G will say "No dada!  Want mama!"  and sometimes he'll actually start crying.  When DH asks "Can I have a
  • N loves Daddy!  He wants Daddy to do everything and he asks where he is during the day.  He puts on Daddy's hat and shoes and walks around saying,"I'm daddy!"  LOL  I think it's awesome and it's kind of nice not to be so needed afte

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ok - I guess I'm not alone!

I know he's not intentionally being mean, but I just want him to start to be sensitive to other people's feelings - including his daddy's.

With another overnight work trip and a new baby, this guy's gonna be spe

• DD has always been 100% a mommy's girl.  Refused to hug DH or even let him get her a snack.  But, now that DH has been a SAHD for for 2.5 weeks she has really opened up.  Even when I am around she'll hold DH's hand, hug him, ask for

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Toddlers are very id driven (they want positive results and they want them now!) so which ever parent is going to give them what they want, they try to go there.

For instance, I never cave to Charlie asking for snacks before dinner, but DH does

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"