Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Weird window sizes

I'm working on a big brother room (new baby will get the current nursery).

I don't have tons of time/money to spend, but I wanted to do some kind of window treatments other than the ugly, non-matching shades that came with the house.  I had hoped to do something  like red canvas curtains for some color so I could get away with painting just one wall a non-neutral color...but now I'm flummoxed because I took a closer look at the room.

The window dimensions are really wacky - one window is short because it's above a radiator, another abuts the corner of the room and so there's not room for a curtain on either side of the window.

If not curtain panels, what would you do? Valances seem out-of-date - are they?

Re: Weird window sizes

• Options
    I would still do curtains and have them go all the way to the ground regardless of how short the window is. I personally like the way it looks when they are to the ground and would do that regardless of window size issues. As for the one in the corner, ca
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have one short window and one big window in the nursery and I ran into a similar problem, plus I didn't want long curtain panels.  I ended up getting roman shades and I really love them.

Here's a pic of the nursery, this one gives you an

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wouldn't worry about the window sizes since you should do the same length curtains on both of them whether you go with long or short panels.  I like the look of longer curtains but I'm going for shorter ones since I don't want baby to be able to

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"