Attachment Parenting
Options

Amber teething necklace

Do these really work?  My one year old DD is going through horrible teething pain right now.  Where do you buy them?  Also, I have heard that you need to keep it on all the time in order for it to do any good but what are you supposed to do at night?  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Amber teething necklace

• Options

I know people say it works, but it's just a trendy placebo, not to mention a choking and strangulation risk.<

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We are just starting to go through this. I wring out a wet washcloth and freeze it (I twist one into a little circle) and give it to LO to chew on. When things get really bad, Highland's teething tablets work well for us. I also wear a teething necklac

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I'm in serious pain, I want an Advil, not a necklace.
  • Options

I bought ours from Inspired By Finn.  It is all I ever used for my son & we think it worked great. He never cried or made a fuss about teething, in fact there were times teeth popped through & we had no idea they were coming.  Of

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We have one. I'm not really "sold," but dd2 is getting two teeth and isn't really in pain so maybe it works, idk. At night we wrap it twice around her ankle with a sock over it and put her in footy pj's.
  • Options

imagefairbl:
    At night we wrap it twice around her ankle with a sock over it and put her in footy pj's.

Th

• Options

We have one and I recommend it to every parent I meet. My kid has 6 teeth and we haven't really noticed any of them coming in. The one day he was a fussy mess, I realized he hadn't been wearing his necklace all day. I put it on and it he was back to hi

I Take Lots of Pictures: www.camerahappymom.com

• Options
    Forgot to mention that we got ours on Amazon. It was one of the necklaces with the most and best reviews so I felt comfortable getting it there.

• Options

DS does really well with his. Maybe he's just a good teether or maybe the necklace is working. Who knows? What I DO know is that it significantly cuts down on his drooling. We're talking about having a soaked shirt without the necklace and just having

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS lives in his Amber teething necklace.  We also purchased it from Inspired by Finn.  My DS still goes through teething pain and we give him Tylenol/Advil when he seems to need it. I don't think it is a magic cure all.   But generally h

5 failed clomid/femara cycles led to injects and IUI = BFP December 2011! Enjoying life with Owen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagefredalina:
    So I'm on team "can't hurt and actually seems to help". I did take it off at night.

Al

• Options
    imagegnomemom:

<span style="LINE-HEIGHT:115%;FONT-FAMILY:'Arial','sans-serif';COLOR:

• Options

imagetokenhoser:
    When I'm in serious pain, I want an Advil, not a necklace.

hehe :) 

I wish

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think my issue is that I do say people say things like "We have an amber necklace! And we use Hylands teething tablets!"

That does not cut it for actual pain. I can see using natural/homeopathic remedies in concert with actual drugs, but not in

• Options
    imagetokenhoser:

I think my issue is that I do say people say things like "We have an amber necklace! And we use Hylands teethin

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagegnomemom:

Is it really worth the risk to your baby for a placebo? I mean, seriously, someone's kid has permanent scar

• Options

The scarring thing is actually relatively common... google "baby scarring socks" and you'll get results of people asking about socks causing random scars on their kids' legs. Once I started asking around to parents with older kids I got lots of "oh yea

• Options

imagegnomemom:
    And yes, the necklaces are made to break away easily so they are less of a strangulation risk, but that also means t
  • Options

I haven't tried it but several friends have.  When I ask if they think it works, they all say  something along the lines of "ummm.... yeah... I think it might." and their babies still fuss as much as any other baby.  I think they're cute

• Options
    I've used them on both if my babies. Rarely have to give anything for teething. I believe they work. I have a whole medicine cabinet full of pain relief if its needed. I don't think I'm a mean parent for wanting to provide relief to my babies in whatever
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
  • Options

My daughter uses a teething necklace and it has helped her so much. Sure she still gets a little fussy when teeth are poking through, but I notice a huge difference from when she wears it while teething and when she doesn't. Her necklace is so short th

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We used them with DD and I'll use them with this LO. I noticed a decrease in her misery and I do believe it helped to decrease the use/need of artificial meds. 

To the poster who said there's zero legit proof that baltic amber is beneficial:

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageBelhurstBride:

We used them with DD and I'll use them with this LO. I noticed a decrease in her misery and I do believe it hel

• Options
    imagekbruington:
    imagetokenhoser

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"