TTC after 35

First RE appt. coming up

I went to the GYN on Friday and she said I still haven't ovulated and we are going to try 150 mg Clomid next cycle. She also told me to get an appointment with the fertility center (at UConn since I live near there). Anyway, due to a cancelation, we have an appointment for Friday! YAY! I just realized that I am due for my period before then. If that happens, can I still get my transvaginal ultrasound? I know that they are doing a full work-up and she told me to expect to be there for the whole afternoon. Also, since I am really still new to this, can you please suggest questions I should ask? I am not ovulating, and my husband has 1% morphology. I am 36 now, and DH has 2 kids from previous marriage. 

Re: First RE appt. coming up

• That is awesome...

1. Don't do CLomid until you have had ALL tests done including HSG!  Don't waste your 6x life max of CLomid.  Stick with the RE and don't do treatment with an OBGYN.

2.  Take a notebook to write down all th

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Yeah for sooner than expected RE apt!  They can and probably will still do a transvaginal us, where they'll measure your uterus and have a look at your ovaries.  Your timing is probably about as close to ideal as possible.  With luck, you m
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck I have nothing to add then what the ladies already said, except it is overwhelming, so take a deep breath and hold it together. I cried once in the car from being overwhelmed. I was also SO thankful DH made the appt, it made things so much easie

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Thanks ladies- I had an HSG already (last month) and all is well for me :) Thanks for the tips- I will be bringing a notebook with me. I will also be there before my Day 3 of my cycle so I won't necessarily have to start the 3rd round of Clomid before I s
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"