November 2011 Moms

Going to rescue my sister...(vent)

My sister had her second DD a week ago. Everything went smoothly. I took my 3 1/2 year old neice for one night (I would have loved to have kept her longer). BIL sucks at helping. I've gotten ticked off, up set and down right mad about the way he acts. Then I realized that my sister lets him get away with this behavior, then I accepted it.

Well, my sister (who's 34 and a peds nurse at a hospital) is going through a tough time like she did with her 1st. She insistes on BFing and is having another hard time at it this go round, too. I understand the stresses all too well, but she refuses to ask for help. Last time, I only had DD and sent her to my parent's house for a week while I stayed with my sister and helped her with the newborn. This time I can't stay. So it looks like the only way things are going to get moving in the right direction is if I go to her house uninvited. I know what I'm about to get myself into, but I also know what will happen if I don't go.

Tonight I told DH that I was seriously thinking of having a "Come to Jesus" talk with BIL. He said I should tell him "Come to Jesus or I will send you to meet him". I thought that sumed up my feelings quite well. Thanks for letting me vent!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going to rescue my sister...(vent)

• It's never easy to step in when someone you love is in a situation like that.   I hope it all goes well.  Perhaps you can try to empower your sister to act on her own behalf though.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • jb2rnjb2rn member

I feel for her.

First, will she accept help from a lactation consultant? Maybe she doesn't want to hear it from you, because it seems attack-y or she feels like she has failed?

As for your BIL, tread lightly. She probably knows he is th

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • imagejb2rn:

I feel for her.

First, will she accept help from a lactation consultant? Maybe she doesn't want to hear it from

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"