High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Uterus Didelphys + Cerclage (New & Long)

I mostly post in the September 2013 Board, however, after my appt. at Maternal Fetal Medicine yesterday, I am totally freaked out.

I am a high risk pregnancy, and I've known that the whole time. Everything is going so wonderfully with the baby right now that I've never posted here. However, at my appointment yesterday, the doctor scared me beyond belief.

Basically, she said that I needed to get a cerclage before 16 weeks, more like next week (13 to 14 weeks) because I probably have an underdeveloped cervix. I have two uteri and two cervixes, and two vaginal canals. The baby is in the right uterus, and I am in the "unknown" catergory because it's too early to measure my cervix.

Okay, I get it, I have to get the stitch and it's safe and out-patient. But then she said if I started to have crazy contraction the stitch could tear and then that would be huge trouble. & since I have underdeveloped uteri, I will definitely start contracting way before 37 weeks. 

She said bed rest really won't stop the cervix from opening once it starts, and if everything goes okay the cerclarge can be removed, and after 24 weeks it's all about slowing down the contractions and not really about the cervix because it will be a viable pregnancy. 

So now, I have to go back and forth to my OB and the high risk doctor, for appointments almost every other week.

I was so happy, and doing normal pregnant things (thinking of ideas for the nursery, picking out names, buying a few things here and there.) Now, I just feel so let down, like I shouldn't even get my hopes up about the baby. I know that's not what she meant. This baby could be perfectly fine, the pregnancy could go great, and the stitch could help a lot.

But then there's the fact, that I had high blood pressure before the baby,  (which has now stabilized) so the baby could suffer from preeclampsia during pregnancy, and I'm over-weight, so they're testing my sugar for GD. I take the glucose test, and the 24 hour urine test on Tuesday.

I'm sorry this is so long, I just need reassurance that I can still be excited about this beautiful, wonderful amazing life that I saw on the screen yesterday that at 13 weeks is perfectly healthy! Thanks :)

Re: Uterus Didelphys + Cerclage (New & Long)

• Options

Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy!

I have uterine didelphys and I am currently 36 weeks pregnant with our second.  I also have high blood pressure due to only having one damaged kidney (other removed) a

• Options

my first pregnancy i was told i had a UD. I actually have a septum with compete duplication extending in the cervix and vagina. My MFM never mentioned this for me. Have you thought of a second opinion? I am sure glad i got a second, third, and forth op

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for all of your information! Hearing success stories definitely help! As I go along, I will definitely keep in touch and congrats!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"