Birth Stories

Emergency C-section

Monday morning I was induced at 6:30 a.m. They started pitocin at about 7:00 a.m. and within 10 minutes, baby's heart rate dropped to 50 bpm twice for over a minute each. My doctor suggested a c-section but I was adamant. I wanted to try again. Throughout the day, things were looking better and better. Around 5:00 p.m. his heart rate disappeared completely. There were staff everywhere and no one was telling me anything. I was terrified. They ended up getting a nuchal monitor on his forehead and all was going well again. Not for long though. By 6:00 at 100% effaced and 8 cm dilated, baby was still really high. His heart rate then dipped again and this time they didn't give me a choice. I was going to have a c-section. At 7:07 p.m. we welcomed Owen Joshua into the world. As it turns out, there was a knot in his umbilical cord that was tightening with each contraction. We almost lost him. It was almost an hour before I even got to see him and another 30 minutes until I got to hold him. I'm still in a lot of pain from the c-section but I'm cherishing time with my little boy. I guess it just goes to show, you can have a plan, but the baby will come according to their own terms.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Emergency C-section

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards