January 2012 Moms
Options

Crashing from January 2013-Baby food

I just started thinking that in another three to four months my LO will be starting solids (course we'll get the okay from his doctor when I think he is ready) but I just got so overwhelmed researching baby foods.I know, I know, I'm super early but I'm a planner!

So, if you would, please share what baby food brands you like (stage one) and even the ones you don't like and why. If you make your own, just mention any resources you have used, I'm not totally opposed to making baby food, I'm just worried I won't have time to do it with both of us working full time.

Oh, and when you started. 

Also, share any advice you have for starting LO's on stage one baby food. 

TIA ladies! I'll share a link to this on the January 2013 board.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: Crashing from January 2013-Baby food

• Options

PP has a really good summary!

We tried rice cereal for about 3 days and DD got really bad cramps and gas from it so we nixed that right away. We did do oatmeal for a little while but we did it more in the night time bottle in hopes she's maybe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I made the food for both of mine and loved the website www.wholesomebabyfood.com 

I was a working mom with my son and was surprised at how easy it was to make his food once I got in the routine of it. He was a big eater and I had to repleni

DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I did baby-led-weaning so we didn't do purees much.  I made my own sweet potato for the first couple of days just to get her used to the taste of other food, put bananas and other soft fruits into a mesh feeder at about 5 months, and then at 6 mon

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options

We started at 5 mo. when DS started waking up hungry in the middle of the night (he had STTN since 6 wks, and more milk just made him spit up more).  We tried for 2 months, and he wasn't having any of it.  He would blow it all back out at us

Anniversary

• Options
    We used Beechnut for first foods mostly because my daughter was allergic to dairy/soy and during my research it was one of the only brands that was free of traces of those. We started with rice cereal, then oatmeal and then veggies and fruits. Also, as so
  • Options
    We started baby led weaning at 6 months with DD. She had lots of steamed veggies like carrots, broccoli, zucchini, etc. Also lots of fruit. Anything we could cut into sticks for her to hold on to. She caught on pretty quickly, if you're at all interes

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options
    We started at 3 months with oatmeal, and LO loved it right away, and started sleeping longer stretches.  Maybe just a coincidence.  Then we moved to purees, avacados and bananas a month or so after that.  For purees, we love Ella's Kitchen
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"