Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Not to start anything--just out of curiosity (car seat related)

2»

Re: Not to start anything--just out of curiosity (car seat related)

• Options
    We flipped DD1 forward right at about 2, when DD2 was born. We couldn't fit both seats RFing in our car. We bought a new car shortly after that, and I do think we could do 2 RFing in the new car. I guess we could have moved DD1 back to RFing, but I think
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagesmiling76:
    imageMillivanill
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not yet! We're waiting till he's meets the maximum height for his car seat.
  • Options
    Haven't read all the replies, but please keep your child RF as long as possible! It saves lives. Age is a much better determination of when to flip them around. At 2 their bones are just barely mature enough to withstand the impact of a crash FF. Keeping
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    imagevshadd00:
    ...so much for not starting an agruement.I FF DD at a little over 18 months. We are in the car 20 mins to and from daycar
  • Options
    imageRedheadBaker:
    imageelmoali:
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    imagekarinothing:
    imagesmiling76

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    imageghostof5letters:
    imagekarin
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

FWIW, my daughter is 5 and even back then the recommendation was to rear-face to the limitations of your seat. Its just that people are stuck on the 1 AND 20 when that is actually the bare minimum. We rear-faced until 2, and then from 2.5 til a couple

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMillivanilli:
    imagechardonn
  • Options
    imageMillivanilli:
    imagechardonnay24
  • Options
    imageSuperCuteBenz:

FWIW, my daughter is 5 and even back then the recommendation was to rear-face to the limitations of your seat.

• Options
    I plan on keeping DD rear facing until 4 or she maxes out the rear facing limits, which ever comes first. For me the benefits of extended rear facing outweigh the inconvenience. Plus, DD is a peanut and not even 20 lbs yet so I couldn't turn her even if I
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I'd talk to your pedi about their recommendation.  DS was through the roof on height when he was 18ish months... but has since slowed down in growth and is 23 months now.  We wanted to be proactive and talk about "if" he were to exceed the he

• Options
    imageamy21tom:
    imageSuperCuteBen
  • Options
    imageamy21tom:
    imageSuperCuteBen

• Options
    imagemolisar:

I'd talk to your pedi about their recommendation.  DS was through the roof on height when he was 18ish months...

• Options
    imagesunnyday016:
    imagemolisar:<
  • Options
    We are keeping DS1 RF-ing as long as possible, hes a skinny minny though. I would wait til at LEAST 2 yrs old if you can, there is just so much evidence out there to keep RFing so thats what we are gonna do. I was excited about turning DS1 this summer whe

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options
    imageauthorofdreamz:
    imagechardo
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"