Parenting after a Loss

XP from FB WWYD? EDIT

***EDITED FOR QUICK SUMMARY (in hopes for replies ~ I'm getting desperate :S)

"Quick Summary: DS has been sick, getting better, almost over everything, but still sleeping horribly.  Have tried just about everything, even DH can't calm him anymore, will only sleep more than two/three hours, if I hold him (and only in a certain way).  Wants to be held all the time, have tried babywearing (multiple carriers, multiple positions, following instructions from both vids and photos, and DS *hates* it).  

I now know why sleep deprivation is a form of torture <-- this should be my new siggy :P" ***

>> ORIGINAL POST <<

Hi ladies!

I posted this on FB, but I think I need some reassurance/ideas from some Moms who've already been through this . . . DS has been sick for five weeks with two colds and thrush (though he's finally able to be off the Tylenol, and is eating great again!).  The thrush spots are still there, but fading, and are not causing him pain.

Obviously these past five weeks have been a terror in the sleep department between coughing/sneezing/congestion, etc., and the pain from the thrush, so hand-to-God for a month straight, his longest stretch was two hours at night, fallowed by either 45-60minute increments.  And before the pedi okayed the Tylenol, I had to literally spend thirty minutes soothing him back to sleep, get myself back to sleep - only for him to be up 45 minutes later, and the cycle started all over again.

Luckily, DH manned up and started helping me catch up on my sleep (he works nights, so he comes home, I get an extra hour or two, and then he sleeps 6-8 hours).

The past week, DS has been getting up to one three hour stretch at night (with meds), but still waking up every hour after that (though I'm able to get him back to sleep without as much work as before).  

Then, the last two nights (I think it was bc of gas), he slept horrible again - last night, he never slept more than hour.  He's so exhausted during the day, that after trying everywhere (crib, swing, bed, carseat, etc.), I finally let him pass out on my arm (he won't sleep up against me, only in the crook of my arm), where he passes out for anywhere between two to three hours.  The rest of the day, I can *usually* get him to go down in other places, but it takes a *lot* of work.

He literally is so tired, that the last few days, even DH can't console him, no matter how he holds him, and I've had to get up, to try - and he promptly falls asleep against me ~ I have tried wearing him as a compromise, and he HATES it.  I've tried all sorts of wraps/carriers/styles/ways, and unless it's my bare arm, holding him a certain way, he won't sleep to get rest :/

Sooooo .... what can I do?  What would you do?

*And DS keeps waking up, so the laptop has to be closed again - and I strongly dislike the TB mobile - so if I don't respond right away, that's why!*

Sorry this got SOOOO long :/

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

Re: XP from FB WWYD? EDIT

• Sorry, I don't have advice b/c DS hasn't been sick *knocks on wood*... just wanted to offer hugs.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• morkmork member
    I haven't been in your shoes, but I'll offer up two suggestions to try if you haven't already.

Feed him more. I know DD was a terror for a few weeks before I finally realized she wanted to cluster feed AND eat more.

CIO. I'm not
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Might be worth taking him back to the ped to check his ears.. The fact that he will sleep on you for long stretches but not n the crib makes me think ears.. This was what happened with DS.  DS has been sick for close to 3 weeks now.. After almost 2 w
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • My first thought when looking at your ticker was that you are facing the 4MW (4 month wakeful).  Even babies that used to STTN often wake up 40 million times a night and naps...wtf are naps???  My kid wasn't sick around that age, but he was a

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Thanks for the replies ladies, I'll take all the hugs I can get!

@Mork: if anything, DS eats too much :P  He was 18 1/2 lbs at  his 4 month app., and is 96th percentile (but the pedi didn't want to discuss any sort of "diet", until he w

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• morkmork member
    GL, more hugs, and lots of sandman dust!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Oh right! I remember about the bat, too!  And, no guilt on hoping for an ear infection!  I totally understand what you meant!!  I felt that way with my DS the first time he was sick (early Jan).. I thought for sure it had to be an ear in

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"