March 2012 Moms

Walking on tip toes?

Whenever DD cruises or walks behind her shopping cart, she is always on her tip toes.

Anyone else's kid doing this? Hopefully it's normal! 

Re: Walking on tip toes?

• My cousin's daughter did that for a little while.  She's almost three and has been walking on flat feet since she was about 18 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD does this too.  I think I read that its not an issue unless they are still doing it at 2 or 3.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS still does that occasionally, I think it's fairly common.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Same here...LO is not walking on his own yet. I'm waiting patiently.
  • DS did that for a while when he was cruising, but when he walks now (on his own) his feet are flat.  My cousin walked on her tiptoes for the longest time, probably until she was 2.  She's totally fine and walks completely normally now - she's 10
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • My girl does the same thing. Doc said it's like the newborn finger grabbing reflex. Until it goes away she might have a hard time walking but it's totally normal. She did take some steps though so it doesn't seem to be a big deal :)
  • DS has been doing this when pushing his walker. Totally normal, and nothing to worry about at this point. It probably feels easier for them to walk without their heels getting in the way. :)
    Lachlan
    born March 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"