VBAC
Options

RCS vs VBAC

How did you decide?

At first I thought for sure I would want a VBAC...but the more I read, the more unsure I am and the more scared I am of both options.  :(

Re: RCS vs VBAC

• Options

I always felt robbed by having  a c/sec with my DD1, so when i got pregnant again I was dead set on finding a providor to support me in having a successful VBAC.  I had to travel 4 hours for all my appointments and take time off work each tim

• Options
    My reasonings are all pretty much what pp said.  Fortunately, my ob was supportive and it was his recommendation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Honestly what it really came down to for me was that I wanted the experience of a vaginal birth.  I didn't like having surgery and wanted to avoid it the next time around, if possible.  

It's important to remember that while there are s

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

For me personally, I wanted to avoid major surgery and the recovery from it.  As pp said, the risks to both are very small and the majority outcome for both is everyone being healthy.  After my VBAC I was packed and ready to leave the hospita

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

Everything the others said plus labor is good for the baby.  It prepares the lungs for breathing and gets baby ready to nurse.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your stories.  Smile  I know everyone is different but your stories have eased my mind a little.
  • Options
    I was also wary of both options. It seemed to me that there is no good way to get the baby out, but in the end, I felt that short of any clear cut complication requiring the wonders of modern medicine, that the natural way is usually the better way. I thi
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    it took me forever to decide! i scheduled a rcs for march 28th and two weeks ago decided to try for a vbac. i have a 16 month old and would love to be home sooner, more mobile, and not recovering from major surgery. my first was 1.5 weeks late and an emer

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"