C-sections
Options

RCS vs VBAC

For those of you with more than one child, how did you decide?

At first I thought for sure I would want a VBAC...but the more I read, the more unsure I am and the more scared I am of both options.  :(

Re: RCS vs VBAC

• Options

I needed a c/s with #1 because he was breech, but I broke my pelvis as a teenager and had been told by my doctors even then that there would be a decent chance I'd need one anyway.  I was going to attempt a vaginal delivery, but took him being bre

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I really wanted to vbac initially.  But my OB/hosptial do not support them.  Once we were talking about number two,I did a lot of research on the topic and found some good places to try it at, and I had a list of OBs I wanted to see for opini

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends on why you had your 1st section I think. For me I went 12 days overdue with my first, had no signs of labor, and ended up with an almost 11 lbs baby. So for my 2nd I planned to VBAC if he came on his own but scheduled a repeat if he had not com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Like pp, I didn't have an all or nothing approach to the vbac/rcs question. I very much wanted a vbac because I wanted to avoid major surgery again. Now that I have a 3 1/2 year old at home I really didn't want to have to recover from surgery plus cari

DS1: August 2009 (emergency c/s, HELLP syndrome) DS2: September 2012 (VBAC)
  • Options
    My OB is extremely proVBAC. I was on the fence for most of the pregnancy. If you decide to try to VBAC, my OB schedules a csection bailout date. I scheduled for 40w1d figuring if I go into labor before DS was 2 weeks early so I thought this LO might come
  • Options
    I should mention my OB considered me a great VBAC candidate during pregnancy. And that the second c section scheduled was much easier recovering than the first.
  • Options
    I had my DD vaginally and my DS via section because he was breech. If we have a 3rd, I will definitely try for a VBAC. The healing time and pain were each so much less for me the first time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagetracy41:
    It depends on why you had your 1st section I think. For me I went 12 days overdue with my first, had no signs of labo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was offered a VBA2C with my 3rd baby (different state and doctor).  At first the idea did intrigue me somewhat, but I didn't entertain it for long.  I just preferred the RCS.  With children already at home the convenience factor was hu

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I know it is a personal decision but I really appreciate hearing all your stories.  Smile
  • Options
    I just knew I didn't want to risk the same scary experience I had with my first. I was induced at 41 weeks, went into full blown labor on pitocin, epi quit working, baby wouldn't come out, laid there screaming with every contraction because anesthesia was
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We will be shooting for a VBAC with our next pregnancy. My son was delivered vaginally but my daughter, things got messed up and my cervix was crooked one way and her head was engaged at a totally different angle. We had a c-section after 3 failed inducti
  • Options

At first my plans were to VBAC and my OB double stitched me after my previous surgery so that I could VBAC if that was an option I wanted.  However, I am lining up for a RCS due to the fact I am having another large baby due to polyhydramnios.&nbs

• Options
    I wanted to attempt a VBAC, but my dr shut me down pretty quick. It surprised me because he's older, old school, and "natural is better" about everything (he's a general prac). I love my dr and trust his opinion even though it was devastating. After telli
  • Options

imageSweetTeaMom:
    I wanted to attempt a VBAC, but my dr shut me down pretty quick. It surprised me because he's older, old school,
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"