1st Trimester
Options

Pregnant while taking Provera

Hi all. I am new to this board, but was recently on the TTGP board under a different sign on name (it was too close to my real name). I posted there about stopping BCP in June after being on them for 10 years. After stopping, I didn't get a period for seven months, so my doc prescribed Provera. I took my first round of Provera in January and got my withdrawal bleed on the first day of my last pill of the med. I then had all of the testing done (cd 3 labs, vaginal US, and cd 21 progesterone level). Lab work was normal but US and progesterone level showed that I was not ovulating.

So, then I saw my doc again at the end of February and she wanted me to take another round of Provera, and then start Clomid on cd 3 to help induce ovulation. I took a pregnancy test before staring my second round of Provera, and it was negative. After finishing the five days of the course of Provera, I assumed I would start bleeding right away, but after five days of not starting my period and noticing my boobs were very full feeling, I decided to take a HPT and it was positive.

Now, I'm nervous bc I know you aren't supposed to take Provera while pregnant. And of course, I googled adverse reactions and such and said taking Provera while pregnanct (especially in the first four months) can lead to genital abnormalities in the unborn child. I have my first appt with a nurse at my doctors office next week to go over family history, get labs drawn, and such and then meeting with my doc the following week, so I know I can voice my concerns then. But until then, I'm just looking for support or words of wisdom from anyone who has experienced this! Thank u.

Re: Pregnant while taking Provera

• Options

I got pregnant while taking provera as well. I had surgery to remove a septum and then took 28 days of Estrogen and 10 days of provera. No period for 5 days, took a PG test, and here I am! 

My RE said that provera will not harm the future ba

Me: 32 DH: 32
    DD : 20 months
    Married:11/2011
    BFP #1 3/13, MC 4/3  :'( 
    BFP #2 5/15 DD born 8/15 (25 weeker born due to PPROM)  

Working on growing our family since 3/2017

• Options
    Congrats on BFP! Your story is almost identical to my good friend, and she was also worried about Provera. Talk to your doctor and PP's advice is a positive way to look at the situation!

My friend had a healthy pregnancy and now a baby girl!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageakcrrr:

I

My RE said that provera will not harm the future baby at all. It is essentially progesterone (which is s

Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• Options
    Thank you all so much! Definitely easing my mind a bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"