Baby Showers

Board rules

So I was poking around on The Knot and noticed the Chit Chat board there has a new to the board thingy at the top. Why doesn't the Baby Shower board have this?? It could read exactly how the one there does and would save a ton of people getting all uppity when they ask for advice and don't get the answer they want.

ETA:: My typing fails needed fixing.

Re: Board rules

• It actually does.  There is a "New to the Bump" board and a "Chit Chat" board on here.  However, people just post the admin/newbie (what does NBR mean?) questions on whatever board they usually post on.

ETA: Sorry, I mis-read that ... you meant specifically for this board, not the Bump generally...if someone would let me sleep maybe I would be able to read...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Its a good idea in theory but I don't think most new people will read it. They browse postings and want to jump right in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you seen the new to the bump board? Although there's a nice "PLEASE read before you test" message at the top, there's still those who post them anyway. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• imagebreezalina82:
    Have you seen the new to the bump board? Although there's a nice "PLEASE read before you test" message at the top, there's still those who post them anyway. 

I meant something directly for this board. Something saying this board is related to etiquette and all questions are answered with honesty. Then again, I think some people post dumb questions just to rile everyone up.

• imageAAA024:

imagebreezalina82:
    Have you seen the new to the bump board? Although there's a nice "PLEASE read before you test" message at the top, there's still those who post them anyway. 

I meant something directly for this board. Something saying this board is related to etiquette and all questions are answered with honesty. Then again, I think some people post dumb questions just to rile everyone up.

Personally, I would rather not define this board as being about etiquette.  Sure, it comes up quite a bit, but I much prefer posts about shower themes, menus, making decorations, etc. or answering legitimate questions about guest lists and invites, and that's why I started following it in the first place.

Maybe a sticky post at the top with FAQs (kind of like the TTC board has) would be helpful- can I plan my own shower? Can I have a 2nd shower? Who hosts?  Etc., etc., etc.  Obviously there will be people that ignore it and jump in with their special snowflake question, but it would be much easier to refer them to the FAQs instead of having the same comments over and over and over again. 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAAA024:

imagebreezalina82:

I was saying more of even if you put one there, the people who should read it probably won't.  

imageimage
    Anniversary

• imagebreezalina82:
    imageAAA024:

imagebreezalina82:

I was saying more of even if you put one there, the people who should read it probably won't.  

Agreed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"