November 2011 Moms
Options

first weekend away

DH and I are going out of town this weekend... YAY!  This will be my first time away from DD overnight, and while I'm very excited, I'm also nervous.  My mom is going to stay with her, which does make me so much more comfortable.  For those of you who have spent time away from your LO, what did you do that made it easy (on you and on your LO)? 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: first weekend away

• Options

It's weird how exciting & nerve-wrecking an overnight can be!

We had my cousin(who LO is very familiar with) come to stay at our house. Our DS is pretty strict about staying on his schedule. So, we just gave my my cousin the rundown of his schedule.

As far as making it easy on me...we scheduled a massage for our first to-do on our outing. DH has been away from DS several times, since DS & I go stay with family a lot.

In the end, just try to relax & enjoy your adult time. You know your LO will be in good hands with your mom.

Do you & DH have anything cool planned for your trip? Fill us in :)

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageJamiesWife2010:

We had my cousin(who LO is very familiar with) come to stay at our house. Our DS is pretty strict about staying on his schedule. So, we just gave my my cousin the rundown of his schedule.

As far as making it easy on me...we scheduled a massage for our first to-do on our outing. DH has been away from DS several times, since DS & I go stay with family a lot.

In the end, just try to relax & enjoy your adult time. You know your LO will be in good hands with your mom.

We are going to Florida for my bff's wedding.  We'll be busy with wedding stuff (well, I will be... DH is going to a spring training game with some friends).  We leave Friday morning and come home Sunday afternoon.  I'm a little nervous about how everything at home will go, but I'm sure I'll relax once we're on the plane.  And it helps too that I went shopping for new outfits for the trip :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did a weekend get away last month and LO stayed w my sister. I told her the must do stuff. The rest I just didn't worry. We tried to stay busy but talked about him the whole time. Sounds like you'll be too busy to worry. Have fun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We left DD with my MIL overnight for our wedding anniversary. She was 11 months old then, so still on bottles and what not. I wrote down a schedule for her, but nothing totally strict, just basically what time her bottles are normally given and what time her naps were. DD thrives on her schedule, so that's really only why I gave MIL one, but honestly, I was a little bit of a control freak up until a couple of months ago. Anyway, the schedule made me feel better about leaving DD there, but do what you need to put your mind at ease. Don't feel too bad if your mom doesn't do everything exactly how it's normally done, because you'll go crazy if you think too much about that. Just have a good time and call your mom if you need to. I'm sure she'll totally understand (and she's probably going to tell you this anyway).

Have an awesome time!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageJenny952:
    imageJamiesWife2010:

We are going to Florida for my bff's wedding.  We'll be busy with wedding stuff (well, I will be... DH is going to a spring training game with some friends).  We leave Friday morning and come home Sunday afternoon.  I'm a little nervous about how everything at home will go, but I'm sure I'll relax once we're on the plane.  And it helps too that I went shopping for new outfits for the trip :)

Sounds like fun! Oh, and shopping makes everything better!! Wink

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"