December 2010 Moms
Options

S/O- ok, so rec your LO's probiotic

I saw Florastor mentioned. I see on Amazon, it comes in powder packets. Is that what you use?

I'm not sure how DS would do with a tablet. I guess if it tasted good enough, he'd eat it!

Any other recs? thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O- ok, so rec your LO's probiotic

• Options

I guess I should have elaborated!  :-)

I used to buy Florastor Kids for C, but the pharmacy had to special order it each time (wasn't on Amazon then).  One day though, they finally told me it's actually the same thing as adult Florastor, just not flavored.  We were stirring it in to yogurt or milk anyway so it didn't matter and it's a lot cheaper.  If you go online, you can often find a manufacturer's coupon that you can use at CVS or another B&M pharmacy.  We just open the capsule and stir the powder in.  When's he's in the thick of it, we do one in the AM and one in the PM then taper to one/day. It is a little funky-tasting (even the flavored kids one) so I'd recommend putting it in something.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have used Florastor for kids.  Walgreens has it behind the counter.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Custom probiotics. We order it online. It's pricey but it's one of the only ones that's untouched by dairy.
  • Options

cool thanks, girls!

imageluckystarz:
    We use Nature's Plus Animal Parade Acidophi-Kids. It's like a chewable vitamin, the kids love the way it tastes. I get it at Whole Foods, but I bet Amazon would have it. 

I did see this on Amazon & it's available on Prime. I think I'll give it a shot =)

• Options
    I'm late chiming in... But we use buddy bear chewable probiotic. He does a chewable flintstone and a singular daily. He LOVES his "bears" and asks for them 3x a day so it's the first one he gets when it is medicine time lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We don't use probiotics all the time, but when we have needed them, we've used Culturelle Kids which we can buy at Publix or Walgreens.

It's a powdered one so we either mix it with yogurt or a small amount of milk.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We use the FloraBaby powder sold at Whole Foods and mix it into her milk. I'll have to check out the gummies though; Ava loves gummies. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I just used Florastor for kids for the first time last week when DS had his nasty stomach virus. I got it at Walgreens. Tried mixing it in both water and applesauce and he was having none of it. Added it to orange juice via syringe and got it down that way, but he clearly still tasted it as he made a crazy face.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"