Baby Showers

NBSR: But a good one nonetheless

I'm pretty mortified at what I received in the mail today. I know I've posted a couple of tacky's already, but I swear it is all legit. This came from a fairly close friend of mine, where as the other's were more just friends of friends. I'm considering saying something because I'm pretty offended...WWYD?

Here's the poem that was attached to my wedding invite:

If you were thinking of gifting, to help us on our way, A gift of cash or credit card would really make our day! Because (blank) is so far, and shipping costs so much, Gift cards, checks, and good ol' cash would be the stress free wedding touch! Thanks (insert names)! And then added at the bottom (We don't mean to be rude or funny, we really would prefer a gift of money.)

I truly would have never expected this from this couple so I'm quite shocked. 

Pregnancy Ticker
BabyName Ticker

Re: NBSR: But a good one nonetheless

• It's actually kind of funny....and a really good example of how using a cutesy poem doesn't help anything.  I wouldn't say anything to them though- what's done is done, and calling people out on poor etiquette won't make it any better.  I personally wouldn't send a gift in this case, and figure that the couple will get the hint when a lot of people decide not to gift them.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Send back a poem:

Congrats on your nuptials, happy couple!

Hope your union is joyful, and free of trouble.

But if your broke a$$es need to pass a donation cup?

Instead of marriage maybe you should just shack up,

Until you save enough to behave like adults.

• Loading the player...
  • Son of a b!tch...Ick!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGraceInCA:
    Send back a poem:Congrats on your nuptials, happy couple!Hope your union is joyful, and free of trouble.But if your broke aes need to pass a donation cup?Instead ofnbsp;marriagenbsp;maybe you should justnbsp;shack up,Until you save enough to behave like adults.

Ha ha I like it. Pretty clever.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • I think I am going to be ill.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • NydaPNydaP member

Wow... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageEstwd2:
    Wow. I don't usually call people out IRL for stuff like this, but I'd have to fight really, really, really hard to bite my tongue.

See that's how I'm feeling! I know it'll be incredibly awkward, but I can just see fast forwarding a year from now and she's on some forum telling people this is ok and that everyone just loved it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • A friend of mine also asked for money for their wedding gift. They didn't use a cutesy poem, either way incredibly rude. I polietly just brought a card. 

I ended up getting quite a bit of cash for my wedding anyway, even though we had a registry. Haven't all things been like that? Birthdays when you were younger, some people just give cash, christmas, etc.? You would think they could have realized that before asking for money flat out. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • O-M-F-G! I would have died if I had opened that. I already told my bestie out of the Country how tacky it is for a honeymoon fund and the million reasons why but I think they are still doing it. 
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • The part at the end about not trying to be rude, makes the whole thing sound even more rude.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • You're marrying for tips, your begging for dough,

down that road, I can not go.

It seems your manners are now a ghost

So please enjoy this copy of Emily Post.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageBallSox:

You're marrying for tips, your begging for dough,

down that road, I can not go.

It seems your manners are now a ghost

So please enjoy this copy of Emily Post.

I about peed myself laughing at this one!  

Nichole Tampa, FL
  • imageBallSox:
    You're marrying for tips, your begging for dough,down that road, I can not go. It seems your manners are now a ghostSo please enjoy this copy of Emily Post.

Awesome. Just awesome.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • So tacky.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"