New Jersey Babies
Options

Seeking a Doula

HI, Im a FTM and am single. Im doing everything on my own and dont have any family in state. My biggest concern is having someone with me during Labor. I reached out to a couple of doulas and their "package deal" is not just assistance in Labor but also postpartum. Which I value and understand but because Im single and on a budget I dont afford the post partum care and services. I just want it for labor. Can anyone recommend someone they know that would be willing to help me just during labor ?

Thanks

Re: Seeking a Doula

• Options

Where will you be birthing your baby?  I may be able to help you find someone.

• Options

Montclair Area

Hackensac Hospital

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will put an email out to my network. Can you pm me your edd, your budget, and anything else you think I should know? 
  • Options

have you talked to Alice Tracy at Sweet Births or Lynn Christenson at Labour Day Doula? 

neither of them does postpartum work and so might be a good fit.

also try www.dona.org, www.cappa.net and www.doulamatch.com where you can search their databases.

Just FYI: single mommies are among those who benefit most from postpartum care and support.  Some ppd offer a one day package to build your early parenting confidence... get  breastfeeding up and running well and be a mentor for a day. try www.tendertimesdoula.com.

best of luck to you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"