Houston Babies
Options

Medicaid

I am on Medicaid and my fianc and I would like to get married before the baby comes, however we do not want to lose the Medicaid because neither of us have good prenatal benefits at our jobs it would cost us at least 12k. The question is; will we lose our benefits if we get married?

Re: Medicaid

• Options
    My main concern is the health of u and ur baby. I would wait. It's going to be really stressful when your trying to recover and your having to deal with private insurance fighting with them on what they will and will not cover. It becomes a real pain. Esp if something happens ( My guy needed phototherphy and they would not cover it, had to fight for two weeks until he got it ). You better off waiting just in case. After three months of ur little one here i would say its safe to get married and switch insurances. Which im sure u will be able to get chip its 50 bucks for a yr =)
  • Options
    Why don't you call them and ask?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know I'm late but no you wont lose your medicaid. Me and my husband did the same thing when I was pregnant and I know other people who were already married before getting medicaid
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"