LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check-In

It sounds like we've got several folks in their two week waits, others preparing for their first IUIs, and then a whole bunch of other folks in the processing of monitoring, waiting, proceeduring (yeah, i made that word up), etc. So, let's hear your updates!

Newbies-- this is a weekly thread on Mondays for anyone on LGBT Parenting in the trying to conceive process to post their updates. There is a separate Monday Pregnancy thread check-in for anyone who is currently pregnant to post their updates. That will be posted separately.

Question of the Day (QOTD): Since we just had our spring forward weekend and the snow is almost melted in Toronto-- what is your favorite thing about Spring? 

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: TTC Check-In

• Options

My basics:  31 years old, dx of diminished ovarian reserve, currently on CD 15 of our iui #3 cycle with injectables.  The iui will probably happen Thursday or Friday, depending on how the growth check goes tomorrow.

Update:  This cycle has been a hard one.  I am a slow grower on injects apparently, but as of Sunday we finally had a 15mm follicle on the left and a 12.5mm folly on the right, plus some smaller ones.  We are hoping that those two will both mature in time for the trigger.   

My lack of good response to the injectables has led us to start talking about and facing the reality that this really might just not happen for me (to get pregnant using my own eggs) - and that has really been hard for me to deal with over the past week.   We have had a roller coaster of discussions with our RE, but the message is pretty clear - that if we want a shot at it - now is the time for aggressive treatment, not later.  

The sunny side is that - thanks to a grant through an extended non-insured benefits fund, we may have enough money to fund one more try with injectables after this cycle.  This means we'll get to start out on a higher dose of the meds and hopefully I will respond better.  

I'm alternating between being okay, trying to be optimistic, and being depressed and anxious.   I'm trying to come to terms with the chance that I may never be a biological parent - which was something I wanted - and to look at the bright side of growing a family with my beautiful, amazing partner's eggs.   

So my ttc check-in is largely that I'm still ticking along, a little worse for the wear at the moment, but trying to be okay with it all...  Fingers crossed that everything goes A++++++ good from here, I'm not sure how many more setbacks and bad news I can take.

QOTD:   My favourite thing about spring is the smells, and actually wanting to be outside again.   I forget how lovely it can be to just be outdoors in the mornings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options

We had our first appointment with our RE last Thursday.  It went as well as we expected.  He did the normal, ultrasound and blood work.  I have to go back once I start my period for more blood work and a "water ultrasound".  Has anyone has this done? After all of those tests we will have another appointment to make a game plan.  So its a start, but we don't really have any answers yet.  

I was curious for others experiences and opinions.   We suspect that I am not ovulating and the RE will put me on clomid or a similar medication.  We have a KD and are debating on whether to try clomid for a few months and continue our at home insemination or to jump right to an IUI.  Does anyone one have this same experience?

QOTD: Though I enjoy the warmer weather, I am not a huge fan of Spring.  I do like all of the baby animals that are born in the spring.  The birds, baby geese, ect 

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello,

We are in week 2 of our 2WW I am currently 12dp trigger 11dpIUI. Some of u may have seen my other post... But I have been testing for a few days now bc i couldnt help myself even though my beta won't be until Wed.

Here's what happened.

10dp trigger 9dpIUI: faint pos
    11dp trigger 10dpIUI: very faint pos
    12dp trigger 11dpIUI: positive, not quite as dark as control but darker than previous tests.

I am really hoping this is a true positive cuz I am starting to get my hopes up. I will let u guys know later this week what happens with our beta.

QOTD: hands down best thing about spring is starting our vegetable garden.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Options

Manada gave our TTC update and I have to head off to a meeting, but I love the TTC check-in, so I wanted to chime in briefly. I hope a lot more TTCers decide to post, including the folks getting ready for their first IUI. If I could go back to the hope and excitement of the days before our first IUI, I so would! :)

I want to be really excited about our IUI on Thursday/Friday/Saturday, but the clinic continues to be such a mixed bag for us in terms of good news and bad news. Sunday was much better than Thursday. I hope that bodes well for tomorrow's cycle monitoring appointment, but I'm hesitant to count on it. My base level of anxiety is definitely raised during the cycle monitoring process and especially while in the clinic waiting for the ultrasound or waiting to meet with the doctor.

I continue to be so glad that M is my partner in this and that I'm hers. I think I still have a lot to learn (and a lot of my own stuff to get over) in order to fully support her through her sadness and loss in this process. While I want to do that growing, I continue to be hopeful that we won't have to deal with not being able to get her pregnant with her own eggs. Fingers crossed that this time is a success and if not then next time . .. 

QOTD: The joy of being outside and not totally hidden from the world by hats and mittens and heavy coats. And the first day I get to practice baseball outside (which is probably still at least a month away). And my birthday. :)

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:

BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

• Options

(cannot seem to get my siggy to work so I will give my info first)

I had my first IUI last month with lots of bleeding went to RE for an ultrasound was told that it did not look like I ovulated at all. I was started on progesterone for 10 days, my last dose was this past Friday. I am extremely crampy and started to spot a little today so I am hoping that CD1 is tomorrow. I am to start 50MG of clomid CD3 through CD7 then ultrasound on CD10. There was no mention of a trigger but when I call to report CD1 I am going to ask for that.

Today I went to my chiropractor and asked about acupuncture so today I had my first session. I was pretty nervous at first and then very calm after. I have two more sessions this week.

I have two favorite seasons #1 is fall and spring #2. I love spring because of the beautiful sights with flowers and trees getting their leaves. I also love the baby animals and then going to the park with my nieces and nephews

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options
    We got our 2nd BFN from our 2nd IUI this weekend. I am pretty heartbroken about it but we will continue on...its just difficult...

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    imagefirstcomeslove2013:
    We got our 2nd BFN from our 2nd IUI this weekend. I am pretty heartbroken about it but we will continue on...its just difficult...

Am sorry to hear this AR. Hugs. We are thinking of you guys and hoping for the best, those times after BFNs really suck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    imagetrisholio:
    have to go back once I start my period for more blood work and a "water ultrasound". nbsp;Has anyone has this done?;

I have. I know that some people don't find it painful at all. I felt a lot of cramping and found it quite painful although not nearly as bad as my HSG. That said, I may have a partially or fully blocked tube that could have contributed to that pain for me. Our doc gave me ponstan which is an anti cramping drug before my ultrasound. It may have helped. But if I were to do it again, I would also take 800mg of ibuprofen too. I don't want to scare you. It was manageable pain. But it would have been nice to have some painkillers in my system.
    ****loss discussed*****

Our IUIs

Our IVFs:

FET #1 December 2014

• Options

imageManada:
    imagefirstcomeslove2013:
    Am sorry to hear this AR. Hugs. We are thinking of you guys and hoping for the best, those times after BFNs really suck.

Thanks so much. We know it will happen sometime, we are just getting impatient. I know it will come and I know that there are people out there who have waited far longer than we have...its just tough. We got a fertility monitor for this time (we've just been doing OPKs) and we are going to talk to the doctor about fertility drugs. I guess looking back on our journey, I just never imagined it to be so complicated. I feel naive and a bit silly but truly this group has been wonderful. You've helped educate us, we've learned from your advice, and we continue to be thankful for all the support we've received from you all! Thinking lots of fertile thoughts for next month and for all of you!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    I'm sorry for the BFN! Best of luck for next cycle!

I have also had a water ultrasound and found it to be COLD inside. But otherwise not painful.

Hi all, I need to check in after a long break from the bump! My mom is here and we've been really busy with wedding planning then taking care of K when she had her egg retrieval on Friday! Fert report was great with 21 eggs retrieved and 13 now happily fertilized and growing! Doc says this is phenomenal for my 34 yo wife! My transfer is Wednesday morning and I have to be on my back for two whole days. Mom is going to stay and take care of me and I'm taking the rest of the week off so I can just relax for 5 days. I'm feeling so blessed right now, and like my heartache will all be worth it. My transfer will be on my exact due date of my last pregnancy. This feels very significant to me.

QOTD: spring means that the coast is covered with a carpet of pink flowers and I love it!
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    Hello!  My name is Lindsey and my wife, Katy, and I are trying IUI for a second time this cycle.  We have a 7 year old son, Willie, who is excited to be an older brother!  I have a great OB/GYN who has been supportive of our situation and our attempts for pregnancy.  I have a low LH surge so we missed several ovulations due to the "Is that positive?" reaction for the ovulation predictor kits.  I am heading for a follicle study and potential release injection on March 20, 2013.  Cross your fingers!
  • Options

imagemollykelley:
    I'm sorry for the BFN! Best of luck for next cycle! I have also had a water ultrasound and found it to be COLD inside. But otherwise not painful. Hi all, I need to check in after a long break from the bump! My mom is here and we've been really busy with wedding planning then taking care of K when she had her egg retrieval on Friday! Fert report was great with 21 eggs retrieved and 13 now happily fertilized and growing! Doc says this is phenomenal for my 34 yo wife! My transfer is Wednesday morning and I have to be on my back for two whole days. Mom is going to stay and take care of me and I'm taking the rest of the week off so I can just relax for 5 days. I'm feeling so blessed right now, and like my heartache will all be worth it. My transfer will be on my exact due date of my last pregnancy. This feels very significant to me. QOTD: spring means that the coast is covered with a carpet of pink flowers and I love it!

MK I popped in the TTC update just to see this. 13 embies going! That is awesome - she did great! Our donor put out 19, 11 fert. and we ended up transferring 1 and have 3 frozen. Well done! I am surprised you are on your back for 2 days - my only requirement was no abdominal exercises for 1 day. Otherwise I went right back to life. Enjoy the rest and I will be thinking sticky thoughts for you! I'm so excited for you both, how cool to carry your love's baby!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"