Infertility Veterans
Options

WWIFV do?

Hey all, I need an opinion.  I got my green light to jump into the May cycle at my REs office.  We have rearranged the BCP schedule (I was planning on April's cycle so I was already on them) and It looks like this:

2/20-3/16 ON BCP

3/17-3/24 off BCP

3/25-4/16 on BCP 

My questions are:  Do you think that the break for the BCPs is enough time to get my AF over with before I have the appt with Dr. Kwak-kim on 3/27?  They require that you are not on AF for the appt.  I was a little worried about how AF would be since I just had the hysteroscopy/D&C.  Also, my immune testing the RE did (Lupus antibody, anticardiolipids? and antiphospholipids i think) all came back normal.  I asked Dr. Kwak-Kims office if I should still come, as I don't want to take the appt from someone else that might need it more, and they told me yes to still come because it could still be something else.  Would you keep the appt?  I'm on the fence as to weather or not I should still go.  Thanks so much!!

"Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
(plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Re: WWIFV do?

• Options

I think it depends on what your cycle has been like in the past. Does it take you a while off pills to get AF? I'm pretty much good to go within a day or so, but I think that must vary. Also, if you generally have a long cycle or Flo lingers, all spotty-like and annoying for a while, it might not be totally done.

GL either way.

• Options
    I would think 3 days of BCP would be enough to get your flow to stop if you are still on it.  I'm not sure how the hysteroscopy/D&C would affect it but hopefully you won't have an issue.  Either way I would keep the appointment because you really won't know until the day comes.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

** Ticker Warning **

** Lurker Too **

Hi, I had autoimmune testing and treated various issues discovered and followed a multi-pronged treatment plan.

Wanted to jump in and ask if you asked Dr KK if its OK to push up your cycle to May?  The reason I ask is that when I had testing done there, it took 4-6 weeks to get back all the results and have the phone consult with Dr KK (and then wait for the follow up letter with all the info in writing takes another week or so). 

Then depending upon what type of treatments you need, some drugs / therapies are administered during the "shut down" period of starting the IVF cycle - so 1-1.5 months ahead of the estimated retrieval date.  If you needed one of those drugs, you won't know until too late.

Also a friend of mine went there too and based upon her initial testing, my friend was required to do more testing that took an additional 3-4 weeks for results because Dr KK needed more information before recommending a protocol.

I just didn't want you to be surprised if Dr KK didn't have all your results back in time for a May cycle or you wouldn't be able to take full advantage of her protocol recommendations for a May cycle.

I know how hard it is to wait (and wait and wait) and you want to be proactive moving forward to have your take home baby.  But sometimes, you do need to slow down to gather all the information you can before you cycle.  I know how frustrating that advice is and I'm sorry. Just wanted you to be aware and to ask the questions now instead of finding out last minute.

No opinion on stopping BCP for 3 days and AF.  sorry.

I would keep the appointment and see what happens. 

** back to lurking **

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I actually didnt push up my cycle, i pushed it back. I was supposed to do an april cycle until my polyp changed that plan. When i see her, ill have about a month before stimming.

Honestly im on the fence if i should even see her. Sure the office says to keep the appt, but its also a business. If im already having some immune stuff come back fine, genetic test only showed im a carrier for mthfr, no clotting disorders, maybe the polyp was our reason for ivf failure. See why im unsure about keeping the appt?
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options

** Ticker Warning ** Lurker **  

I would still go to see Dr KK.

Her ultrasound machine is beyond superb and her u/s tech is incredible. It is state of the art technology with 3D.  Its not just the bloodwork for autoimmune issues / clotting factors.  You will get the most detailed, in depth look at your ute ever.  Plus she measures blood flow to the uterus and that is valuable knowledge to have.  Her u/s rocks and that part of the exam alone is worth the drive to see her.

If you have a polyp, maybe you have other uterine issues you don't know about.  I saw 3 different RE for 4 - 4.5 years for many many many cycles (and failures and losses) and not one of them discovered / diagnosed the uterine fibroid and other uterine abnormality I had.  All that time and money wasted. 

Also the tests that Dr. KK runs are EXTENSIVE.  Its likes 14 vials of blood at that one day workup!!!  In some cases, the tests she orders are different than what a regular RE will order.. even though they are "for the same thing".  Don't know if that makes sense, but if there are 20 subtests for 1 possible type of clotting issues, most dr. only order the most common / baseline test.  Dr. KK runs the full panel. 

Personally, I would still go.  Hindsight 20/20 - I can't believe I spent that much time and money and tears and heartache on cycle after cycle without having all possible testing done first.  Wow - if I had known then what I know now, my IF journey would have way different and ended with a take home baby much sooner.  You don't know what you don't know until you have the testing done.

Good luck in your decision.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKarlsSweetie05:
    nbsp;Ticker Warning Lurker nbsp;nbsp;
    I would still go to see Dr KK.
    Her ultrasound machine is beyond superb and her u/s tech is incredible. It is state of the art technology with 3D.nbsp; Its not just the bloodwork for autoimmune issues / clotting factors.nbsp; You will get the most detailed, in depth look at your ute ever.nbsp; Plus she measures blood flow to the uterus and that is valuable knowledge to have.nbsp; Her u/s rocks and that part of the exam alone is worth the drive to see her.
    If you have a polyp, maybe you have other uterine issues you don't know about.nbsp; I saw 3 different RE for 4 4.5 years for many many many cycles and failures and losses and not one of them discovered / diagnosed the uterine fibroid and other uterine abnormality I had.nbsp; All that time and money wasted.nbsp;
    Also the tests that Dr. KK runs are EXTENSIVE.nbsp; Its likes 14 vials of blood at that one day workup!!!nbsp; In some cases, the tests she orders arenbsp;different than what a regular RE will order.. even though they are "for the same thing".nbsp; Don't know if that makes sense, but if there are 20 subtests for 1 possible type of clotting issues, most dr. only order the most common / baseline test.nbsp; Dr. KK runs the full panel.nbsp;
    Personally, I would still go.nbsp; Hindsight 20/20 I can't believe I spentnbsp;thatnbsp;much time and money and tears and heartache onnbsp;cycle after cycle withoutnbsp;having all possible testing done first.nbsp; Wow if I had known then what I know now, my IF journey would have way different and ended with a take home baby much sooner.nbsp;nbsp;You don't know what you don't know until you have the testing done.
    Good luck in your decision.

Thank you. I think ill probably end up going, but i still have time to decide. Did insurance cover all her fancy tests?

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options

Yes, our insurance covered most everything after our initial annual deductible requirement was met.  We did have copay for office visit though and that was $25 or $35 per visit.

She is not an RE so her tests do not fall under infertility coding for insurance. So for us, there was no problem getting tests covered.

We did have issues with getting coverage for a few of the treatments, though.

Every insurance is so different.  Call the main biller for her office (Chad) and ask him to look at your insurance coverage and see what may / may not be covered.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"