Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

One trimester down, two more to go...

So we are making progress.  My wife is 14 weeks as of tomorrow and it seems like her overall energy level has improved.  We had our second ultrasound on Friday, the first since a month ago, and for the first time what we were seeing on the screen actually looked like a tiny human!  Not just an amorphous grey blob with a flickering point of light.  

The baby was opening his/her mouth and making tiny fists and I was blown away.  In general, men are very visual creatures and I think that the idea of her pregnancy really didn't hit home for me until I saw the baby on the screen.  There is no doubt now...she is most definitely growing a tiny human being.  

My Grandma and two of my aunts purchased our first baby items over the weekend.  I now own our first package of diapers and a small baby book and I'm pretty sure there will plenty more to come in the following months/years.  There is a lot to look forward to in the next few months with Spring on its way and the second trimester.  I can't wait for April when we find out the gender. 

Re: One trimester down, two more to go...

• Options

Good to hear everything is going well.  Transitioning from the 1st to the 2nd is a big deal, so enjoy the moment.  Now you get the three months that can be fun as long as your wife is doing well, physically.  My wife said food never tasted better in her life then during her 2nd trimester.

Those ultrasounds are certainly nice for us guys.  You were right on point about the whole visual thing about it.

• Options
    PrimePrime member
    Enjoy the 2nd trimester!  Relish it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"