Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Is this teething?

Let me start by saying LO is 14 weeks old today, and I know that most babies don't cut teeth until 6-7 months old.  But I'm just curious about your opinions since I know it's *possible* to teeth this early.

LO was a happy spitter until about 8 weeks, and then gradually started screaming every time she spit up.  She went on baby zantac after her 2 month check, and after about 2 weeks was back to her happy self.  She has always spit up a lot, but it decreased in volume (not so much in frequency) with the zantac.

The past 3 days she has been spitting up huge amounts again (to the point that the daycare teacher said she doesn't think she's seen so much spit up come out of one baby before).  She hasn't had any changes in her medication, and I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary (she's EBF).  She is drooling a ton (in addition to the spit up), and chewing - not sucking - on her paci.  She'll also gnaw on her fingers (or my fingers if I put a knuckle in her mouth).  She's more fussy than normal too - it just took DH and I almost 2 hours to finally get her to fall asleep and let us put her in the crib (normally it's no more than 45ish minutes).  I don't feel any bumps on her gums.

I'm a FTM and don't really know what I'm looking for.  I googled a bit and there is some suggestion that spitting up increases with teething.  Am I making a big reach here thinking that's what all of this could be?  I could swear she went through her 3 month growth spurt about 2 weeks ago, so I don't think it's that... 

Re: Is this teething?

• Options
    My LO is also 14 weeks and she is doing the same thing (except she wasn't a spit upper and now she is)! My mom told me she probably is teething or at least starting because he hands are her favorite thing to chew on and she has also been "biting" me when she nurses (ouch)! So I would say yes it's teething, at least e starting of teething! GL to us both :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It sounds like teething. I'm not sure the spitting up is related to the teething though.  My LO did not spit up until about 3 months old.  For awhile it was quite often and quite a bit, but it recently decreased dramatically.  So babies can start/stop spitting up at any age.  My LO got 2 teeth when he was 4 months old.  The middle bottom 2 are the first to come in.  He was doing the same thing, drooling a lot and chewing on anything he could get his hands on.  A small spot on the gums is raised up and turns white right before the tooth cuts through. Hope this helps a little.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"