Postpartum Depression
Options

How did you know it was ppd?

I think I might have a mild case of ppd. I say mild cause I've talked to a few ladies and what I'm experiencing doesn't seem as severe as what they went through. I'm seeing my Dr on Tuesday but I would really like to hear some of your early on experiences if you don't mind sharing. TIA!
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: How did you know it was ppd?

• Options
    I was just emotional about everything and I mean everything-TV commercials, my husband not doing what I wanted him to do at the exact moment I needed him to, being over tired, being hungry but not knowing what I'd like to eat. visitors wanting to come and spend a few hours with us...lots of thoughts going through my mind like how can I take care of this little baby and what if this or that happens... It only lasted about 3 weeks. I did talk to my doctor about medication-which has really helped. Also, I opened the curtains to let the sunshine in (that amazed me on how much it helped.) Getting outside of the house even if it's just around the back porch or around the block. Take care of yourself!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    They say the mood swings, weepiness, anxiety, etc. that can last 2-3 weeks is baby blues.  If it last longer than that even if the symptoms are mild would be considered PPD.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"